PDA

View Full Version : hldrrr.exe, srosa.sys, wintems.exe causing some frustration

kotihyttynen
2008-01-31, 16:56
Hi all ! As you can see, Im new member around here. But introductions set aside, let's move on to the actual problem...

My computer got recently infected with a rather nasty rootkit. I've already found out that some of the related files are those mentioned in thread's topic.

Now, I've seen couple of threads concerning this case around these forums, but unfortunately they aren't very helping. Why ? Aside from preventing antivirus, firewall and several anti-malware from working, this variation of rootkit also prevents usage of many apps referenced in those other guides - including IceSword , HijackThis and ComboFix. Neither does Safe Mode work.

Personally I've had several experiences concerning malware, but this one is driving me straight into desperation...

So, all the possible help is appreciated !

kotihyttynen
2008-01-31, 22:16
Hi again, and never mind about this any longer. I started looking into this case more thoroughly, and...

I was able to finally get Safe Mode working with SafeBootKeyRepair, and from there I managed to delete Rootkit's most vital files and registry keys. There might be still some traces left, but at least all the anti-malware (etc.) programs are working again, so I think I can take it to the end from here.

Thanks anyways if someone even tried to put some thought into this :D: