PDA

View Full Version : so i got multiple things and a question...

2008-02-01, 03:43
ok, so I installed the new final version, after performing a complete uninstall of the spybot new years eve beta, and well, under immunize, there are 3 cookies titles, 3 installations, 3 popups, and 3 images for firefox in the list under immunize. is that normal? explorer doesn't have those many titles. so ya, any ideas?

Zenobia
2008-02-01, 04:17
I have two sets of each Immunization section for Firefox with the newer Spybot,so I'd assume it was normal.

Before,the release candidate only showed 2 sets of immunization for Firefox if I was logged on to both of the two accounts on this computer,and 1 set of each if I was only on my or the other account.

So,I'd assume the newer final Spybot now just shows immunization for each user's Firefox by default without having to be logged on to the other user's account,though I don't recall seeing anybody saying anything official anywhere on here,and I haven't messed around with Spybot much yet,so take that with a grain of salt. ;)

2008-02-01, 04:28
ya it makes sense, for Internet explorer it shows different user accounts, and says the user name behind it, yet for firefox it doesn't. so ya, oh well though, I'm not wryied about it. Another thing is though, i noticed the teatimer icon is not present in the spybot s&d folder, so when i right click teatimer and exit, (to make teatimer take a new snaphot) i used to go to the spybot folder and open teatimer.exe and that would put it back in the tray. yet, the icon isn't present. I haven't restarted though since i installed the new spybot, so maybe thats it. idk. :crowned:

Zenobia
2008-02-01, 05:20
Teatimer.exe should still be in the Spybot folder,but it is now a hidden file,so to see it you would have to change windows to show hidden files and folders.This page shows how.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html
You'd want to be careful showing hidden files and folders if there are other users on the computer,sometimes if you unhide them other folks on the computer aren't sure what they are,and delete them and such,which is pretty much why they are hidden in the first place. :D:

If the reason you refresh Teatimer's snapshot files is to keep Teatimer from popping up at startup asking you to Allow or Deny decisions you've already made before,you probably do not need to do that anymore.There was a bug with that with Spybot 1.4,but that was fixed in the later versions,and Spybot is pretty much able to handle that on it's own now,with no problems.hth.

2008-02-01, 19:02
Teatimer.exe should still be in the Spybot folder,but it is now a hidden file,so to see it you would have to change windows to show hidden files and folders.This page shows how.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html
You'd want to be careful showing hidden files and folders if there are other users on the computer,sometimes if you unhide them other folks on the computer aren't sure what they are,and delete them and such,which is pretty much why they are hidden in the first place. :D:

If the reason you refresh Teatimer's snapshot files is to keep Teatimer from popping up at startup asking you to Allow or Deny decisions you've already made before,you probably do not need to do that anymore.There was a bug with that with Spybot 1.4,but that was fixed in the later versions,and Spybot is pretty much able to handle that on it's own now,with no problems.hth.

ya, well i did show all hidden files and folders and it still not there, weird. (I have separate user accounts so no need to wry about them deleting things, they can only open up the folder my documents and that is all.) I know its active, cause its in my system tray. I even did a search for teatimer.exe and it wasn't found. So ya, don't know was up there. anywaz, I'm not wryied about it because u said snapshots don't need to be done anymore, before that was due to a bug if i understand you correctly. So ya, thanx alot for your help man, (again lol) i appreciate it. :laugh:

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-01, 19:29
129260:

ya, well i did show all hidden files and folders and it still not there, weird.
Did you also uncheck the the following option?
Hide protected operating system files (recommended)
Because these files have both the System and Hidden attributes you must:
Check the "Show hidden files and folders" option.
Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.

2008-02-02, 00:44
129260:

Did you also uncheck the the following option?
Hide protected operating system files (recommended)
Because these files have both the System and Hidden attributes you must:
Check the "Show hidden files and folders" option.
Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.

thanx man, that worked! i found the icon now. ;) haha I forgot about that option. well, simple prob solved, that wasn't much of a prob. thanks everybody.

to ann33:
that doesn't sound like spybot, that sounds like a rouge program or something. What spybot version are you running? What is asking for updates? what all does it say? What operating system are you running? more detail please. And next time please post a new thread instead of replying to one. thank you. :bigthumb: