PDA

View Full Version : incompatibility with a program

ambre
2008-02-02, 19:06
Hello. I have downloaded yesterday the last version of spybot and I have find out that it does not work if I have in my computer a spyware called spyanytime (golden eye) installed. I need this spyware but I have made checked and realise that spybot works perfectly only if this spyware in not installed (no only inactivated, it has to be not installed at all for spybot to work) In the configuration I have checked the case of golden eye in order to spybot not to consider it as a spyware, but still as soon as I re-install spyanytime spybot stop working, I cannot open it it gives mi a mensage error of fatal error. Can you help me? I need this spyware on my pc, I have it since a long time and it never gave me any problem. thank you for your help

tashi
2008-02-12, 23:02
Hello.

I don't see how an invisible keylogger that secretly tracks activities on the local and remote computer, such as keystroke, password, web sites, etc. could be compatible with an antispyware program. :spider:

2008-02-13, 00:46
why would u need this keylogger? u want other ppl to know what your doing all the time on your computer?

ambre
2008-02-13, 15:58
why would u need this keylogger? u want other ppl to know what your doing all the time on your computer?

thank you for answering, but did`nt you think that maybe it's ME that want to know what are the others doing on my pc :) This programme does not allow people entering in my computer remotely, it just "spy" my pc from inside:)

ambre
2008-02-13, 16:04
Hello.

I don't see how an invisible keylogger that secretly tracks activities on the local and remote computer, such as keystroke, password, web sites, etc. could be compatible with an antispyware program.

thanks for the comment, :) but then what is spybot for if it is not to find and alert you about any spyware on your pc. If I have one that I do not know of and as you say spybot or any antispyware program is imcompatible with, how could he detect it. I don't know if I express myself well (I am not english speaking mother tongue, sorry), any anti spyware programm should be compatible with any spyware programm in order to detect it.....o no? :)

2008-02-14, 01:19
It also detects keyloggers and some instances of malware. I am not understanding your question. Do you mean that spybot is not detecting a threat on your computer? Or do you mean spybot is not deleting it? Explain your question more please.

2008-02-14, 01:22

thank you for answering, but did`nt you think that maybe it's ME that want to know what are the others doing on my pc :) This programme does not allow people entering in my computer remotely, it just "spy" my pc from inside:)

you installed a keylogger on your computer to spy on other users and what there doing on your pc? Is that correct? And is spybot detecting it and you don't want to remove it? if so right click the item, (the keylogger) in the scan results and click ignore product.

tashi
2008-02-14, 01:25
Hello ambre.

I see your point, I left a note about this for our detectives.

Cheers. :)

2008-02-14, 01:36
cause i sure wasen't gettin it ;) lol.

Yodama
2008-02-14, 07:41
Hello ambre,

could you please tell us where exactly you downloaded your spyware and which version you are using? There appear to be various verisons of commercial Spyware which call themselves Golden Eye , Spyanytime or similar.
Some spywares are able to detect when an anti spyware tool like Spybot S&D is running and shuts it down. Some are also able to stop the download or installation of Spybot S&D. They usually do this by checking the filename, process name, file handle, window title or similar.
I would consider any software that sabotages security software a malware and would not trust it. Since this malware is able to disable security software and can spy on local users , you have absolutely no guarantee that is does not do more harm or even spy on you as well.
Pleae consider these points:

can you fully controll your Spyware? Disable it as you please?
can you control if it has internet connections in background?
can other users on your PC use it against you?
are there other ways to remotely use your computer?

ambre
2008-02-16, 16:25
Hello ambre.

I see your point, I left a note about this for our detectives.

Cheers. :)

Thank you Tahsi for understanding, I am sorry but english is not may mother tongue and I may express myself no clearly. . I will just clarify (for 129260 :)) that the program spybot does not open or run when my spyware "spyanytime" is installed in my pc, even if I stop apyanytime to run but let it installed in the pc spybot does not run, it gives me an error message when i try to open it. If i uninstall spyanytime, I have no probelm with spybot, it works perfectly. This does not happen with other programs like ad-aware for instance. And I cannot install spybot if spyanytime is already installed in my pc, to install spybot I have to uninstall spyanytime.
Thank to all of you for answering my post

ambre
2008-02-16, 16:31
you installed a keylogger on your computer to spy on other users and what there doing on your pc? Is that correct? And is spybot detecting it and you don't want to remove it? if so right click the item, (the keylogger) in the scan results and click ignore product.

Hi 129260, as you can read on my reply to Tashi, it is not that spybot dectect my spyware and does not want to delete it, it is just that spybot does not run if my spyware is installed on my pc, I have to uninstall my spyware to be able to run spybot. I cannot even install spybot on my pc if I have spyanytime install. I had to uninstall spyanytime in order to install spybot and if was working and I check the box of Golden eye (whitch is the hidden name of my spyware) in the ignore items of spybot so it will not detect it as a spyware or malware, but even then it does not work when I install again spyanytime.

ambre
2008-02-16, 17:17
Hello ambre,

could you please tell us where exactly you downloaded your spyware and which version you are using? There appear to be various verisons of commercial Spyware which call themselves Golden Eye , Spyanytime or similar.
Some spywares are able to detect when an anti spyware tool like Spybot S&D is running and shuts it down. Some are also able to stop the download or installation of Spybot S&D. They usually do this by checking the filename, process name, file handle, window title or similar.
I would consider any software that sabotages security software a malware and would not trust it. Since this malware is able to disable security software and can spy on local users , you have absolutely no guarantee that is does not do more harm or even spy on you as well.
Pleae consider these points:

can you fully controll your Spyware? Disable it as you please?
can you control if it has internet connections in background?
can other users on your PC use it against you?
are there other ways to remotely use your computer?

Hello Yodama,

I do not remember from which site I downloaded spyanytime, it was few months ago. the version I have is 2.43. Aparently it is as you mentioned, this spyware can control the instalation or running of spybot. I cannot install or run spybot if spyanytime is installed in my pc. It has to be totally uninstalled in order to allow me to install or run spybot. This does not happen with other anti spyware programs like ad-aware for instance. I realise that the "hidden" name of spyanytime was Golden eye because ad-aware detects it under this name. It install itself in the processes under the name of svchost.exe, but I know witch of my many svchost.exe is spyanytime thanks to an other program that gives me more details on the processes runing on my pc than the Tasks Windows Administrator", so I have a little control on it :red:. You are right, I have no garantees that it does not harm my pc, but I have it since several months now and I never had any problems, not even a virus (i have a very good antivirus)....but I know that does not mean that someday......something could happen, I am concious of it, I know I am using a dangerous spy program.
to answer your points:
- Yes I think I can fully control my spyware, I can disable it when I want and I can completely uninstall it when I want, I have done it several times already and apparently it totaly desapears from my pc, according to ad-aware, spybot (that runs only if spyanytime is uninstalled) and the processes.
- I do not know about the internet conection. It does not seams to have one, acording to the Task windows administrator, if the programs that I know of that use internet conection from my pc are off, nothing seems to work on my internet conection, and there are no suspicous boxes checked or unchecked in the settings of spyanytime, actually it is a very simple program to configure..........but I know, this does not mean that there could not be a "hidden" configuration...............so about that I am not completely sure
- nobody using my pc knows enough about computer to even imagine I have such a program on my pc :)and on top of that there is a password to open it which I am the only one to know.
- I have disactivated the windows remote control (or what it is called), as far as I know, only if I want to, a friend of mine can entrer in my pc.............and I trust him.........and there is a password..............and I have to allow him before he can entrer.
I hope that spybot will fix this problem with those spywares that conflict with it, because it is a very good program