PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

firemanbill
2008-02-03, 18:43
As a member of an emergency service its great to see that there are still people out there who are willing to spare time to assist those in need.
Thanks to you all atSBS&D for the time and effort you put in.
:red: I am a bit illiterate when it comes to the workings of computers and found it an education to be patiently talked thru my problem by Blade 81.
I was advised to use pitstop to sort out non malware removal problems.
Can't that be done here???
Thanks again
Bill

tashi
2008-02-03, 21:57
Hi there.

I was advised to use pitstop to sort out non malware removal problems.
Can't that be done here???
Thanks again
Bill

Thank you for your kind words. :) Blade gave good advice as we do not have a specific software/hardware forum for non Spybot-S&D support.

You could post your questions here in the tavern and it is possible that a member might be able to offer advice, but the Pitstop might get you from point A to point B more efficiently. http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/1sparrowhawk1/Misc%20Gifs/fireman.gif

Hope that helps and thank you again.

firemanbill
2008-02-05, 23:14
You're welcome Tashi!
I read with interest 'Becoming a helper'.
'It doesn't matter what your computer knowledge is all you need is an interest in learning and a wish to help people'.
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10777&page=2
That shows my knowledge, I don't know how to transfer a quote from one thread to another (if that is possible).:red:
Would a person with just a basic knowledge be able to make it to the dizzy heights of a helper,or would it take too long.
:fireman:
Bill

firemanbill
2008-02-05, 23:17
Blast! I thought I'd worked out how to get your fireman Smilie.

tashi
2008-02-05, 23:40
Hi there.

Would a person with just a basic knowledge be able to make it to the dizzy heights of a helper,or would it take too long.

It depends on each individual, how they learn and how much time they have to study.

You can always give it a go and if it isn't for you, just let the school know.

Blast! I thought I'd worked out how to get your fireman Smilie.

Right click on image and 'save as' usually works. :)

katana
2008-02-06, 17:12

Hi Bill ;)

Anyone can learn to be a helper, all it takes is the interest.
The teachers are very patient, and quite happy to give any help needed.

You will be surprised how quickly you pick the info needed.
As Tashi said, give it a go, you have nothing to lose :bigthumb:

firemanbill
2008-02-06, 23:40
Thanks you guys
I'll be visiting the schools for a look around.
katana,question after looking at your profile, how the hell do you spare the time. I have kids too,sometimes it's manic.
:hair:
Bill

katana
2008-02-06, 23:59
I have a very understanding wife :laugh:

Fortunately my "kids" are now 19 and 15, so they don't need me much.

Hope to see you at MRU soon :bigthumb:

Not that the other schools aren't as good, but hey, I'm going to tout where I was taught :D: