PDA

View Full Version : notifications for previously allowed actions return after every reboot

mrfloppy
2008-02-03, 21:14
notifications for previously allowed actions return after every reboot.
I allow the actions again. (the actions were the deletion of registry changes I made deleting malware entries that spybot couldn't make automaticly.) Or they returned after reboot.
When the notifications were pending, I looked in the registry, to confirm they were gone. They were. How do I make "spybot s&d" stop the notification loop?:hair::hair::hair::hair::hair:

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-03, 22:04
Please go into Spybot > Help > About and tell us what version of Spybot you are running (i.e Spybot - Search & Destroy x.x or x.x.x.xx).

mrfloppy
2008-02-05, 02:20
Spybot search $ destroy 1.5.1.15

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-05, 07:48
Please post the portion of the Resident.log that shows the changes you are having problems with.
There are several ways (4 listed below) to access the TeaTimer's Resident.log file:
Right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) system tray icon and select Show Log.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Select the Resident.log file and open it.
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the Resident.log file located in one of the following directories:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Double click on Resident.log file and it should open with Notepad.
To copy information from the log into a post in the forum:
Copy the information into the Clipboard:
Highlight the portion of the log that you want to copy.
Right click and select Copy.
Paste (Ctrl+V) the information from the Clipboard to a new post in this thread.