PDA

View Full Version : Can I delete an old version without jeopardazing efectiveness?

argiesurveyor
2008-02-04, 11:28
Hi:

I'm new to the Forum and I have a question:

In my computers (don't laugh please: they run Win98 SE and W2000Pro, SP4) I have up to two versions of SB apparently running at the same time, at least that's what the Add/Remove applet says. For example, in the laptop I have an installed version that eats up to 37.4 Mb of its tiny disk and next to her there's the new one (downloaded today): 1.5.2.20 that occupies 6.58 Mb of HD.

I don't know what to do. Can I remove the old one and leave the new one instead (although she's 7 times smaller) or shall I keep going with both at the same time because they interact between each other?

To be concise: delete or not?

Thanks for your help

HUGO

MisterW
2008-02-04, 12:10
Hello Hugo,
I think the problem is that you installed Spybot 1.5 over the version 1.4 . That means you did not uninstall Spybot 1.4 before and now both versions are mixed in your control panel. In fact it is no real problem for Spybot. It will work fine and it replaced all old files from version 1.4 with new ones.
If you do want to get rid of the 1.4 entry you could uninstall first the 1.5, then the 1.4 and after that you could reinstall Spybot 1.5. But that is not necessary if you can live with that false display in your control panel ;)

regards
Markus