PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new user of the forums...

R3D-69
2006-02-11, 23:25
Hi,

i am a new user of these forums, but not to Spybot. I wanted to warn of something a bit new that I found on the internet, (at least I am pretty sure it is new). My friend downloaded from a torrent site some flame screensaver and gave me a copy. he didn't tell me it was from a torrent site, but I found he was having the same problem as I. After installing it, a virus was caught with a program name of a.bot or something like that, but the part that stayed was a .EXE called hddriver.exe. I had to manually remove it from my system, and i think i am ok, but I thought you should know so you can get the information on how to stop it from happening. Also, you should note that even though i closed the program from accessing the internet, it still did, (or looked like it was)... I had to disable all access to the internet immediately.

The link to the torrent is "http://tr.searching.com/view.php?id=5311758"

I coerced this information from my frined and admonished him for downloading crap like this ever again... I swore I wouldn't help him fix his system... heheh.

anyways, This is just a warning to those of you that download from torrent sites. It's not worth it man! :bigthumb:

P.S. - Hope this helps for future revisions of Spybot S&D... ;)

tashi
2006-02-12, 04:33
Hi there.

Thank you for the information; to add detections it helps if files are submitted for analysis along with a Spybot-S&D log if possible.

In future if you have such please send the file zipped to: detections(AT)spybot.info

Thanks again! :)