PDA

View Full Version : 2 Spybots?

william24
2008-02-06, 15:59
I got the update to 1.5.2 this morning. However I got an error during the extraction of previous files and now my computer shows two Spybot S & D programs listed. What does this mean? Can I remove the original safely? What should I do?

spybotsandra
2008-02-06, 16:05
Hello,

What error did you get exactly?

If you want you can delete the old version through your add and remove control panel in your windows.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

william24
2008-02-06, 16:36
Great I deleted what I thought was the old version and now Spybot is completely gone from my computer.

After downloading the update some error message came on when Spybot said it was extracting files during the version update process.

I guess I'll have to download the whole thing again.

NEWT2111
2008-02-09, 21:00
I have not had a problem since 1.5.2 was downloaded, but want to know why I now have 2 SpyBot icons on my desktop - one for my previous verison and one for the new 1.5.2. Does SpyBot normally leave old versions in my system when new ones are downloaded? After reading here of problems, I am concerned removing the old version will cause problems.
I am not a complete computer novice; I'm afraid I know just enough to get myself in trouble trying to fix things. :scratch. But sometimes I feel it's reached a point where one has to be an IT professional to simply stay functional on a PC used for business at home! It's so time consuming!

trapper36
2008-02-10, 05:55
I had same problem as William24 ----- ended up with two Spybots on my machine after doing updates to v1.4. I apparently should not have checked the one that read:
Main update 1.5.2.
After I updated, I had Spybot icons all over it seemed ----- tray,desktop,quick launch, as well as Tea timer.
Got mad at Spybot and uninstalled the works, including that in hidden folders and files.

After a couple of days, I found Spybot version 1.4 on Tucows and have gone with that.

End of rant.