PDA

View Full Version : Help, Cost in England

tumainer
2008-02-06, 22:46
Why does Spybot cost people in England $29.95 ?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-06, 23:00
Why does Spybot cost people in England $29.95 ?
???

I believe you have the wrong product. Spybot is free to individual users (not corporations) unless you care to donate for its support:
Please donate!
http://www.spybot.info/en/donate/index.html

tumainer
2008-02-07, 21:02
I sent the home page of Spybot to a friend in England, after she downloaded it she ran the program and it came up she had to pay $29.95 for it to clean her system. What do I do now ?

tumainer
2008-02-07, 21:05
PS- I have donated to Spybot.

spybotsandra
2008-02-07, 21:42
Hello,

Please tell her to write an e-mail to legal(at)spybot.info
There are a lot of bad sites and fake antispyware solutions like spywarebot who cheat many people each day into paying for something they believe would be Spybot-S&D. So if you are one of those who were mislead by one of these pages, please let us know at legal(at)spybot.info. Thanks. :)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tumainer
2008-02-07, 22:07
I took the home page from Spybot, it was downloaded from your home page . Do you have a safe page to download from ? If so please send it to me and I will forward it to her. Thanks

spybotsandra
2008-02-07, 22:24
Hello,

You can give her the direct link (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd152.exe) to download.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tumainer
2008-02-10, 22:02
It download ok but when she trys to check for problems she get _ Tbag57: yes but every time i try to check the problem ....i get the square that says ive encountered an internet options problem and it has to close....ive tried it twice now....and the same thing has happene. What do we do now. Thanks , Ross

tashi
2008-02-11, 02:37
Hello.

I sent the home page of Spybot to a friend in England, after she downloaded it she ran the program and it came up she had to pay $29.95 for it to clean her system. What do I do now ?

It download ok but when she trys to check for problems she get _ Tbag57: yes but every time i try to check the problem ....i get the square that says ive encountered an internet options problem and it has to close....ive tried it twice now....and the same thing has happene. What do we do now. Thanks , Ross

Did you remove the fake program, before installing our application?

Cheers.

tumainer
2008-02-11, 16:46
Yes, she uninstalled the first program.
Ross

tashi
2008-02-11, 17:53
Hello.

when she trys to check for problems she get _ Tbag57: yes but every time i try to check the problem

_ Tbag57 is a new one on me. Have you tried running Spybot-S&D in safe mode?

If so and you receive the same result, without trying to fix anything please,
Open SpyBot.
Check for problems.
When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
Paste (Ctrl+V) or attach those results into this topic.Regards. :)