PDA

View Full Version : Helpppp

dixie56
2008-02-07, 02:32
I am not sure where to post this! I apparently have a virus zlob on my computer. I downloaded stop sign (I had spybot and it seemed that my problems started when I did an update). I took spybot off. I was not happy with stop sign and removed it. I redownloaded spybot and it has found a bunch of stuff (102 items!!!) The problem is I guess because of the virus I cannot get spybot to delete anything. My cursor keeps going to the hourglass when I go on the scan results. I am NO computer whiz and am at a total loss what to do! Can someone PLEASSSSSSEEE help me!!!??? What do I do to get this virus off my computer? I do not have $200 to take it in to be debugged! Sorry if I am posting this on the wrong site. I am desperate!

dixie56
2008-02-07, 02:52
I cannot even produce a log!

I tried to copy and paste what I could and cannot do that either. I will read through the other posts and try to fix it with the advice all of you have given. Wish me luck!

tashi
2008-02-07, 02:53
Hello.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Note:
If you have lost your Internet connection on the infected computer, or otherwise cannot post from that machine; you can download HJT to a clean PC if one is available.

Upload to infected machine
Place HJT into own folder
Run HJT on the infected PC and post the log you produce using the clean PC.

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available.

Best regards.

I cannot even produce a log!

I tried to copy and paste what I could and cannot do that either. I will read through the other posts and try to fix it with the advice all of you have given. Wish me luck!

Please read the link I provided, do not follow fixes given to other members. ;)

dixie56
2008-02-07, 03:29
Tashi, thank you. I am printing your response so that I can sit down and read it through. I just cannot understand why people want to cause others these problems. It is so totally mean spirited! I have always loved spybot and I should have realized when those people at stop sign said to remove it because it totally destroys their program that something was wrong. A friend had recommended it and I know she would not have if she knew the program was worthless. In fact when I redownloaded spybot, it detected 60 entries for eAcceleration (stopsign). Spybot also located 27 entries from Altnet among others. I know all of you are busy and I hate to ask for help but I just do not know what to do. What really bothered me was when I asked stop sign about all of the Hkey things that were located and they said it was nothing to worry about! I will take the steps you provided this weekend. I need time to sit and concentrate without interuptions. Thanks again from this tired old woman for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tashi
2008-02-07, 03:58
I know all of you are busy and I hate to ask for help but I just do not know what to do.

No problem, that's what we are here for. :)

dixie56
2008-02-08, 02:59
I think I have major trouble. I tried to run the online scan and I cannot get past where you say you accept or decline their privacy agreement. I cannot download anything and run it, it always wants to save to disk. This thing is really evil! I use firefox browser. I tried to download the service pack 1A and it does not seem to download. Houston, we have a problem! Now what?

tashi
2008-02-08, 07:10
Hello.

I tried to download the service pack 1A and it does not seem to download. Houston, we have a problem! Now what?

A machine that has been on the WWW without a Service Pack means the possibility of major infestation is highly likely. :eek: Is a resident up to date anti virus program installed?

I moved this thread from the Tavern to the malware forum. Please start a new topic if you can provide a HJT log to post into it. Is that possible?

Best regards. :)