PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Problem

cindra
2006-02-12, 07:27
OK I am hoping someone can help me with this.
I have used this program for a while with no problems. Now after getting notified of a firewall problem which I think I should have ignored but I didn't and let it fix it I can no longer get online. It says I am not connected. I use a wireless connection. Something else I noticed is I cannot access my firewall settings. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I did go in and recover but it made no difference.Helllppp LOL

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-12, 13:49
It would be helpful if you provided some additional information so that someone can possibly help you.

What firewall are you using?

What problems did you fix before the firewall problem started?

That information is in the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from when you ran the scan/fix.

By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

To post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from the scan/fix there are two methods:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the last Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file from the scan/fix before you had the problem. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste to the post.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste into the post.

cindra
2006-02-13, 08:36
Below is some info you asked for.

The firewall I am using is the one that comes with Windows XP

The problem I fixed had something to do with a change in firewall being off and I believe it also said something about the registry. I went back in and restored it on Spybot so I can't see it to tell you exactly what it was as it is not listed anymore.

I will look for the other info you asked for tomorrow. I am not on the laptop this problem occurred on now. And will post it to you then. Please bear with me as this is all a little confusing to me. I am not an expert at this LOL

cindra
2006-02-14, 19:53
You said to copy the info to the post. The problem is I cannot get online with the laptop that has the problem so how can I copy the info here?/???

Zenobia
2006-02-14, 20:57
If you are able to copy to cd on your laptop,maybe you could copy the Spybot log to cd,then copy the log from the cd to the computer that has internet access,then post it here.