PDA

View Full Version : detected items not showing up

Jack Flack
2008-02-07, 15:45
what do you do when you start a scan and have to abort it for any particular reason (with it detecting several items for removal w/o actually removing them), then go back to rescan a minute or so later and those same items do not show back up? spybot doesnt look like its removing found items, why will they not come back up for removal the 2nd time around? :fear:

Jack Flack
2008-02-08, 21:23
this isnt a small issue, no one else has run into this? need i explain more (if it doesnt make sense or something)?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-08, 21:56
What were the original things detected that were not there when rescanning?

For that information look in the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file(s) produced during the original scan.

There are a couple of ways to access the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log file(s):
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the last Checks.yymmdd-hhmm or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm from when you got the error message. Open it. To copy to the Clipboard > highlight the portion you want to copy (or Right click and select Select All) > Right click > Copy.
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

Jack Flack
2008-02-11, 17:26
im not sure of the items names (as i went through it pretty quick), ill have to get that log to you the next time it happens. im working at a pc repair shop and we try to move through the pc's as quick as possible so that one is long gone. it happens no matter which pc i do it on, so ill get a log to you asap