PDA

View Full Version : Problem using Spybot with Bart.

Ketrel
2008-02-09, 08:25
I am using the latest spybot and used the bart plugin for 1.5
I started the program, ran the updates (and downloaded) but then when I try to scan, it says

"You need to install the detection updates by using the integrated updater or the manual updater".

If I then do Search for Updates, I receive the message "No newer updates available"

Ketrel
2008-02-10, 06:50
Anyone?
(I'm trying to make this CD by the end of sunday, and Spybot is the only thing left to get working)

Ketrel
2008-02-13, 04:08
Well that deadline came and went, could anyone help me with this? Is there anyone who can help me to get this to work?

spybotsandra
2008-02-13, 10:32
Hello,

So you have downloaded this update files (http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe)?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Ketrel
2008-02-14, 07:52
Hello,

So you have downloaded this update files (http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe)?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I'm not sure what you mean. My local version works fine. And I copied all of the files needed to the files directory in the bartpe plugin. (including the hidden system files).

What is the update you linked to?

Ketrel
2008-02-14, 10:03
I also would like to clairify that I did this from a fresh install 20 minutes ago to verify this.

spybotsandra
2008-02-14, 11:05
Hello,

Before you run your first scan you need to install the detection updates first.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Ketrel
2008-02-14, 12:48
Hello,

Before you run your first scan you need to install the detection updates first.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Yes. I know.
That's my problem.

1. I run the program.
2. I run updates.
3. I download updates.
4. I try to scan.
5. I recieve message that I have no definitions.
6. I run updates again, but none are found.

Ketrel
2008-02-23, 06:33
Still have no luck in getting it to work.

Ketrel
2008-02-27, 11:17
Still having no luck.
Please somebody help?

PepiMK
2008-02-27, 19:36
Didn't see this topic earlier O.o

Did you use the 1.5 PE plugin (peplugin15.zip), or the older 1.4 one (peplugin.zip)?
Do the detection files (*.sbi) appear in the ISO image (7Zip, TotalCommander, etc. can view them without the need to burn first), in the Includes subfolder? Especially Spybots.sbi is the one checked for.

The BartPE environment allows updates on the RAM disk to allow for downloading updates while running it. That means when you start Spybot-S&D on a PE system, the include files are automatically copied from the "fixed" folder to the "data" folder if they do not exist there.
That one is either the common application data folder, the users application data folder, the %temp% folde, C:\PERepairData, a folder chosen by the user in a popup dialog, or the applications folder again. Whatever option of these exists first (the first two probably not on PE). If you do not get asked for the data folder, and no C:\PERepairData exists, it has to be one of the first three.

You can also define a custom path, create a Portable.ini in the same folder (probably has to be added to the plugin file spybotsd.inf, otherwise it won't be copied), and in section [Paths], use DataPath= to define a custom path, which will always override the abive.

Ketrel
2008-02-29, 09:26
-I used the Peplugin15
-There are no SBI files, but in the includes directory, there is a bunch of SBS files which appear to be named as per detection types
-I am using ramdisk
-I'm not sure what you mean by all of the paths part.

Keep the following in mind:
(I bolded what I think are the important parts)

1. I run spybot (it says no definitions)
2. I run updates
3. Spybot FINDS updates
4. I download updates
5. I run updates again
6. Spybot says no new updates (which would mean it's seeing them somewhere right?)
7. I go to try a scan
8. Spybot says I do not have definitions installed
9. About Spybot says no definitions installed

Ketrel
2008-03-05, 11:05
I hate bumping topics, but I honestly have been waiting for some time on this :(

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-05, 12:08
The Includes folder should have the following 18 .sbi files:
Cookies.sbi
Dialer.sbi
DialerC.sbi
HeavyDuty.sbi
Hijackers.sbi
HijackersC.sbi
Keyloggers.sbi
KeyloggersC.sbi
Malware.sbi
MalwareC.sbi
PUPS.sbi
PUPSC.sbi
Revision.sbi
Security.sbi
SecurityC.sbi
Spybots.sbi
SpybotsC.sbi
Trojans.sbi
TrojansC.sbi
Evidently your updates are not being extracted into the Includes folder properly.

Ketrel
2008-03-05, 14:26
The Includes folder should have the following 18 .sbi files:
Cookies.sbi
Dialer.sbi
DialerC.sbi
HeavyDuty.sbi
Hijackers.sbi
HijackersC.sbi
Keyloggers.sbi
KeyloggersC.sbi
Malware.sbi
MalwareC.sbi
PUPS.sbi
PUPSC.sbi
Revision.sbi
Security.sbi
SecurityC.sbi
Spybots.sbi
SpybotsC.sbi
Trojans.sbi
TrojansC.sbi
Evidently your updates are not being extracted into the Includes folder properly.

After I update from within the program, there ARE .sbi files on the ramdisk. And should I try to update again, no updates are found. However, spybot still says I have no definitions installed.

Ketrel
2008-04-09, 11:40
:(
*sniffle*