PDA

View Full Version : another computer with updater to 1.5.2 problems

ruby3
2008-02-09, 15:06
Not wishing to hijack the thread my issue is virtually identical with see thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23936);

does the spybot team have any suggestions to offer to explain why utilizing the Updater to the latest spybot version (1.5.2)then causes a computer with win 98se on it to crash ??

On my 98se computer I have reverted to the 1.4 version with seems far more stable and reliable :lip:

Corday
2008-02-10, 19:53
Not wishing to hijack the thread my issue is virtually identical with see thread (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23936);

does the spybot team have any suggestions to offer to explain why utilizing the Updater to the latest spybot version (1.5.2)then causes a computer with win 98se on it to crash ??

On my 98se computer I have reverted to the 1.4 version with seems far more stable and reliable :lip:

Instead of using the updater on the spybot face, try going into programs on the start menu and using that updater.

td1947
2008-02-10, 22:44
Hello, my Win ME (Millennium) system does not like 1.5.2.20 either. I did a "look for updates" from V 1.4, and part of the "update" actually tried to load in 1.5.2.20, and it all appeared to go horribly wrong. The system became unstable, especially with TEA-TIMER loaded. I de-installed BOTH the 1.4 and the 1.52 (as CPANEL installed software showed both).

I then tried the 1.5.20 from the downloaded executable, but it gave lots of error windows, and hung the machine (had to hit reset).

I may have to leave this for a while, until this new release settles down, as I have both H/W and software firewalls, and a good AV package (plus winsonar, which gives good enough protection for now). I will wait for the next bug-fix release. Cheers, TD

Blizzard
2008-02-11, 02:48
I am using version 1.5.1.16 and saw the updated version in automatic updates but wont be updating to it for now. My current version is starting fast and scanning fine so I just don't need the stress of another problem install at the moment.

I really think it should be unticked as an optional update or something like that.

ruby3
2008-02-14, 21:09
the Spybot Team has not commented as yet; I wonder why?

spybotsandra
2008-02-14, 21:11
Hello,

Did you already tried to uninstall your version and make a fresh download from Spybot's homepage?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ruby3
2008-02-14, 21:19
Hello,

Did you already tried to uninstall your version and make a fresh download from Spybot's homepage?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot
yes; I completey uninstalled spybot , rebooted and tried to install from spybots page; when I have seemingly run the installation program and clicked on the spybot icon I am told it is invalid ; I have done this several times ; due to this repeated failure I have uninstalled the new version and reverted to the 1.4 version wich WILL execute correctly