PDA

View Full Version : Immunization Question Regarding Firefox

thelordpuffer
2008-02-09, 21:08
I have Spybot Search and Destroy Version 1.5.2.20. When you click on "Immunize," Firefox is already checked and it immunizes both Firefox and IE. I do not want to immunize Firefox, for it slows it down terribly. How do you first uncheck the Firebox boxes before you immunize? Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-09, 21:52
Since you want to undo the current Firefox immunization do not what to immunize Firefox in the future:
Go into Spybot > Immunize.
Right click on the listing in the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
Check all the Firefox items.
Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.
The Firefox immunization should now be removed.

To setup Spybot so that it will not immunize Firefox but will immunize everything else the next time you immunize:
Right click on the right hand pane and select "Select all".
Uncheck all the Firefox items.
Exit Spybot

thelordpuffer
2008-02-09, 22:18
Since you want to undo the current Firefox immunization do not what to immunize Firefox in the future:
Go into Spybot > Immunize.
Right click on the listing in the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
Check all the Firefox items.
Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.
The Firefox immunization should now be removed.

To setup Spybot so that it will not immunize Firefox but will immunize everything else the next time you immunize:
Right click on the right hand pane and select "Select all".
Uncheck all the Firefox items.
Exit Spybot

Thank you.

bupkiss
2008-06-27, 04:55
I have downloaded FF3 and followed the exact instruction regarding disabling Immunization. However, after I've completed these steps, the Firefox boxes are all checked but the others for IE are clear. No matter what I do, the FF boxes remain checked and everything else empty. AmI doing something wromg? Thanks

Yodama
2008-06-27, 07:18
Spybot S&D 1.5.2 is not able to immunize Firefox 3 since with this new browser the data storage has been changed. What Spybot S&D 1.5.2 shows is the immunization for the Firefox 2 or lower profile which may not be valid anymore if you upgraded to Firefox 3.
Spybot S&D 1.6 (scheduled for July 4th 2008) will be able to immunize Firefox 3.

bupkiss
2008-06-28, 06:03
I appreciate your reply re the incompatability between FF@ and FF3 immunization. Will loook forward tot he FF# upgrade for SB&D