PDA

View Full Version : Spybot will not open or close when prompted

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 06:41
I have used spybot for a while now, every time i click on the icon i have to click on it 8 times to get it to open, other than upon start up. Also now when i try to close spybot, it will not close. It is stuck in my task bar. I have windows xp, and i have Mcaffie which i have no problem closing.I get numerous error report when it doesnt close.The windows come up and say"Program not responding" I never had any problems like this with 1.4

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-10, 06:59
What version of "Spybot - Search & Destroy" are you running (Spybot > Help About)?

Greyfox
2008-02-10, 07:01
I have used spybot for a while now, every time i click on the icon i have to click on it 8 times to get it to open, other than upon start up. Also now when i try to close spybot, it will not close. It is stuck in my task bar. I have windows xp, and i have Mcaffie which i have no problem closing.I get numerous error report when it doesnt close.The windows come up and say"Program not responding" I never had any problems like this with 1.4

Linda
You don't say what version you are using, but if it is an early version of 1.5.1 the very long delay at startup made it appear as though it was not responding. This was subsequently fixed and the current 1.5.2.20 version starts quickly.

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 07:06
I beleive i am using spybot 1.5

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 07:07
Linda
You don't say what version you are using, but if it is an early version of 1.5.1 the very long delay at startup made it appear as though it was not responding. This was subsequently fixed and the current 1.5.2.20 version starts quickly.It doesnt delay at start up upon starting my computer, only when I want to open it and use it

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 07:11
It is 1.5.15 version I am running. Now it is telling me i cant stop the check because i am not the administrator, but I am

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-10, 07:43
If you are actually running Spybot – Search Destroy 1.5.1.15, I suggest that you uninstall that version and install Spybot – Search Destroy 1.5.2.20. The installation program (spybotsd152.exe) can be download from one of the mirror sites listed here:
Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 07:50
I just installed 1.5.2 The strange thing is when i tried to uninstall the older version, it still said there were files . I went to programs add-remove and did it all, including restarting my pc. Was there ever even a version of 1.5.15? I am suspicous now.

lindapomranky
2008-02-10, 07:53
So far I am running a check and am able to move it in and out of my task bar with no problem.Thanks to all for their help. I hope that this is resolved now. I did download this version from the homepage of s&d.So 1.5.1 and 1.5.15 are the same?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-10, 08:08
The Help > About for the version with the slow start problem could possibly have read "Spybot – Search Destroy 1.5.15" although I believe it was actually "Spybot – Search Destroy 1.5.1.15".