PDA

View Full Version : Denied changes and now regret it!

TeeZee
2008-02-10, 20:08
I was installing Office 2007 when the SD resident asked if I wanted to deny changes for Groove folder and a browser helper object. I denied them and said to remember the answer. Now the messages keep popping up on my screen nonstop!

How can I go back and allow these changes or remove them from the blacklist?

Thanks.

spybotsandra
2008-02-10, 20:50
Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Eagle7911
2008-03-04, 04:06
I am thankful for this forum. I could not get the 21:52 message to go away after I denied a registry change.
And, even after I found this solution post, it was very difficult to activate the right-click because the Spy-bot 21:52 message kept popping on and taking the focus and thereby removing the right-click window. Very frustrating. And after I finally got it opened, I had to multiple time to execute anything, again because the 21:52 kept taking the focus away.
Maybe you could consider putting a counter on the message and say after about 250 times of displaying (which should not take long) it can stop and point out that the message is looping and have the user verify that action again.

Just a thought....
-Eagle7911

Clarry
2008-03-04, 23:33
Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I don't want to sound thick, but wheere is the system tray?

spybotsandra
2008-03-05, 00:03
Hello,

The system tray is in the lower right beneath your clock.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot