PDA

View Full Version : Problems: "services.sbs" and "delzip179.dll"

jumiko
2008-02-11, 13:43
Hi:
I used the 1.3 version, but i have installed the new 1.5 version of the programm.
The problem is that now appears a error message like: "Service check. The Services.sbs file is missing. Please use the update to get a new copy!"
How can i solve it?

And also, when i try to download the updates, it says: "Failed to load Delzip179.dll"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

spybotsandra
2008-02-11, 14:10
Hello,

Please remove the following directories:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates
After downloads please use the update function to download all detection files. If this doesn't solve the problem please uninstall your current version of Spybot-S&D.
Now go to our download page and download Spybot-S&D version 1.5.2:
http://www.safer-networking.de/en/download/index.htm

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ozwonderdog
2008-03-06, 01:10
I have the latests version of this, downloaded all the updates, and only installed it this morning, but I am getting the same error message about not being able to load delzip179.dll.

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-06, 07:21
Is there a copy of the delzip179.dll file in the "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy" directory?

NerdsOfTech
2008-03-10, 12:24
Without putting the infected computer online I opted to download 1.5.2 and install the standalone update package 2008-03-05 updates.

Getting failed to load "...\DelZip179.dell" error in a loop

chiefchief
2008-05-30, 09:55
I am receiving the same error message when removing Virtuamonde.dll

chiefchief
2008-06-01, 00:16
I checked, I do have "DelZip179.dll" in the folder.
Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spybot, the error still occured.
The error only occurred with Virtualmonde.dll.

Solution:
1. Repair installation of Windows XP.
2. Uninstall Spybot S&D & Install Spybot S&D
3. Run scan, clean out Virtualmonde.dll

A couple notes:
After repairing Windows XP I attempted to run Spybot without reinstalling it, and the same error occurred.
For some reason the Windows XP reinstall would not read the CDROM, I got around this by copying the files needed for installation to 'C:\TEMP\I386'.

tomm174
2008-06-05, 10:46
I have now had this problem twice, both times with PC's infected with virtumonde & a bunch of other stuff.

On the previous machine I was unable after serious efforts (2 different AV's, smitfraudfix, spybot SD, lavasoft, spysweeper, cleaned, rebooted, cleaned again in safe mode) to clean the vermin & had to re-install :banghead: - don't want that to happen again !

When I run Spybot, it finds lots of stuff, but when I get to cleaning the infections it complains "Failed to load c:\program files\spybot search - destroy\DelZip179.dll", click OK & the same message repeatedly comes up (doing it for each infection ?). After a few times I get a box titled "Error" with message "Unexpected error in fixing problems (out of memory)"

Some threads seem to suggest that DelZip179.dll isn't part of spybot.
It's not in an older installation I had, but it is in the current version
It's part of the 'DelZip project' see
www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/network/2114 &
http://dll.delphizip.org/dll179.html

PepiMK
2008-06-10, 21:30
I heard about DelZip problems in another context as well and decided to create this bug report (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=264), you can subscribe to it to receive updates on it.