PDA

View Full Version : So many problems with upgrading from 1.4

kbz1960
2008-02-11, 17:34
I see alot of people having problems when upgrading. I think it's a better idea if the spybot team could either make the upgrade uninstall the older version first or promp people to uninstall first.

Seems not to be many problems when you uninstall the older version first and then install the new from downloaded file.

2008-02-12, 03:11
on my test machine. Just as a precaution though, i alwaz uninstall a program and then download the newest update instead of installing the new update over the older version. except in the case of antiviruis or firewall.

kbz1960
2008-02-12, 16:59
Yes I do also but your average user doesn't have a clue! They know how to use their programs they use all the time but to get them to do anything as simple as copying files sometimes is a task.

Condor_6
2008-02-13, 19:41
Uninstalling prior to the upgrade would have been a great idea, but the upgrade simply comes up as an "update". Check the box and click download and it proceed without offering to uninstall first. I'm having problems on two machines that I upgraded yesterday. I will probably do a system restore tonight.