PDA

View Full Version : Bugs

redwolfe_98
2008-02-12, 10:16
one bug that i have noticed is that spybot "1.5.2" does not "remember" the "ignore products" settings, at least not on my computer.. i noticed it, today, when i did a scan and spybot flagged an item (security ctr disabled) which i had previously set to be ignored.. so, i did some testing..i set "ignore products" to ignore "security ctr disabled", again, closed spybot, then, later, opened spybot, again, and the setting was gone, again..

another thing, the default ignored items for the "system internals" tools have disappeared so that no items are being ignored, now, when i do a scan with the "system internals" tool..

i asked about this, before, but.. the "system internals" tool is flagging this on my computer, and i am wondering if the report is right, that there is a problem with the cited file-path, or whatever it is indicating, and what i should do about it:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PCHealth
Filename: rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 C:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Data:

i do think that there are some things that are impressive about the "spybot" program, specifically if you look at the scan-logs, a lot of things are logged that you wouldn't normally see when scanning with other programs..

redwolfe_98
2008-02-12, 21:17
strangely, i never seem to get replies to my posts in this forum.. maybe it is just that the forum is a LOT "slower" that i had imagined..

has anyone else noticed the same bug where the settings for "ignore products" are not being "remembered"?

surely, someone who uses "spybot" would notice whether or not an "ignored product" was being ignored, or not?

incidentally, i would have posted this in the "bugs" thread, but it is locked..

incidentally, something that i don't like is that, in spybot's "immunization", it has "double-entries", like where it will add both "iedefender.com", for example, and "www.iedefender.com" to the restricted sites zone", which is completely unnecessary.. i also question if the www.xxx.com items are properly added to the "restricted sites", which is why i go to the trouble of removing them: when "*.iedefender.com" is in the restricted sites zone, that covers all "iedefender.com", "http://iedefender.com", "http://www.iedefender.com", "http://cdn.iedender.com", etc..

normally, the "www" would be in the "value key", not a "stand-alone" "www" registry-key like the ones that are created by spybot's "immunization".. maybe it does work when it is done that way.. it seems like there are always three different ways to accomplish the same thing, in "windows", but it is not the standard format where the "www" would be in the "value-key" (not a "registry-key").. so, i wish that "spybot" would fix the "immunization", removing the completely needless double-entries that are added to the "restricted sites" zones..

2008-02-13, 00:53
Also, i have never had any probs. at all with spybot not remembering when i told it to ignore products. So, idk what to tell you other then to try reinstalling the program.

AFlowers
2008-02-13, 20:29
I'm having the exact same problem. I've already started another thread. Hopefully someone can help us figure out what's wrong.

Misery loves company.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-13, 21:22
I can not get "Ignore products" to fail.

If you have multiple users logged on concurrently with Spybot running, make sure that the last user to exit Spybot changes those settings.