PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D freezes up during scan

bagarabe
2008-02-13, 07:35
Spybot S&D freezes up on me during scan. What is going on and what can I do about it.

MadelineC
2008-02-13, 09:32
What version of Spybot S&D are you using? Are you sure that it definitely freezes? Mine seems to stop at a couple of points during a scan, but after a minute or two it carries on and completes the scan.

spybotsandra
2008-02-13, 11:38
Hello,

This could be caused by several reasons like an old Spybot version, too much temporary files or problems with the system restore point.

In case you are using a dated version of Spybot-S&D, as a first solution, please download the latest version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.
This should fix the problem. You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D.

If this doesn't help please delete the contents of your Windows temp folder.

You can also try the following:
- select "Settings" --> "Settings" in the navigation bar on the left and untick the checkbox in front of "display confirmation dialogs"
- exit Spybot-S&D so the settings are saved
- run Spybot-S&D and "Check for problems" again

Expect it to run slowly, it appears to hang. Please be patient - it should clear with the problems fixed.

If it still doesn't work please select "Settings" --> "Settings" from the toolbar on the left. In the section "Main settings" please untick the checkbox in front of "Create system restore point when fixing spyware/usage tracks".

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot