PDA

View Full Version : Lost toolbar icons with SB install

tjm999
2008-02-13, 13:44
Hi,

I recently installed the previous version of SB and unfortunately, I believe that I blocked many of my applications. Many of my toolbar applications now no longer work (battery monitor, wireless indicator, network connection, etc., and others I'm not aware of yet).

I'm very sure that I did this unintentiallay on SB install. I uninstalled SB and have tried to turn these applications back on in the toolbar properties settings but they will not work. I also tried to restore before the install.

How can I unblock these applications? Can SB be used to undo these changes?

Thanks for the help. Tom

PepiMK
2008-02-13, 15:14
Maybe you could provide a tiny bit of more information on these toolbars?

If those are Internet Explorer toolbars for example (but why would someone need a battery monitor only in IE?), that could've been the immunization. The uninstall intentionally displays a dialog warning you that uninstalling Spybot-S&D does not undo the immunization ;)

Anyway, please provide more information on which toolbars you are talking about.

tjm999
2008-02-13, 19:34
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. What I meant was "taskbar" not toolbar. The programs I mentioned, that you see in the taskbar, do not work. More info - I had inadvertently blocked all ".exe" programs during SB setup. No fault of SB, I was rushed and mistakenly clicked no to running some applications. What a mess. With some registry editing finally got many exe's to work but some are still not working. Would you know if SB could spot these and give me an option to unblock or reassociate these?

Thanks again. tjm

Maybe you could provide a tiny bit of more information on these toolbars?

If those are Internet Explorer toolbars for example (but why would someone need a battery monitor only in IE?), that could've been the immunization. The uninstall intentionally displays a dialog warning you that uninstalling Spybot-S&D does not undo the immunization ;)

Anyway, please provide more information on which toolbars you are talking about.

tjm999
2008-02-15, 18:05
I lost my "taksbar" applications during SB install. A restore did not help. How can I get them back? Help!

Hi,

I recently installed the previous version of SB and unfortunately, I believe that I blocked many of my applications. Many of my toolbar applications now no longer work (battery monitor, wireless indicator, network connection, etc., and others I'm not aware of yet).

I'm very sure that I did this unintentiallay on SB install. I uninstalled SB and have tried to turn these applications back on in the toolbar properties settings but they will not work. I also tried to restore before the install.

How can I unblock these applications? Can SB be used to undo these changes?

Thanks for the help. Tom