PDA

View Full Version : Desperately Need Help

diishen
2008-02-14, 10:54
Hi, first, I would like to thank you for reading this. I am new to the forum so if I did anything against the policies here, please let me know and forgive me. It may get long but this problem has given me a headache the past two weeks and I desperately need help.

It started when I could not log on to any secure webpages, including email accounts such as gmail, bank accounts, facebook, anything that required a login&password, even MSN live messenger so apparently it was not simply browser-based. I did some research on my own and found out that people with Norton Internet Security had similar problems and I had NIS 2005. Thus I removed it and it solved the problem. I then downloaded AVG 7.5 Free and Spybot to replace my security system as NIS was the only thing I had before. However I could not install AVG and Spybot would not launch due to a "not applicable win32 application." I, then downloaded a bunch of anti-viruses, including Avast, Antivir, Bitdefender, Kaspersky but none of them would launch due to the same win32 application error. I also realized that I am continuously being disconnected from my wireless internet which prevents me from completely running any online virus scans. Other things I tried include the beagle fix from Symantec since I suspect that I got a beagle virus but I have no evidence.

I came across http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23005, where simon had the same problem but blade's assistance could not apply to me since I could not even launch Hijackthis or Combofix, again due to the win32 application error. I run WinXP SP2 and I tried going into safemode but doing that leads me to a bluescreen for 5 secs and then a reboot. A total reformat would be my last resort since I do not have a Windows disc. Please help me out!!

The link below is my log file obtained from a GMER scan
http://www.badongo.com/file/7787419

diishen
2008-02-14, 14:21
After a lot of research, I found out that I've been infected with hldrrr.exe (along with wintems.exe and srosa.sys) which is a solved issue. However, no matter what I do, I cannot get into safe mode to delete them like how people have described. I tried running gmer in safe mode but it just does a regular reboot after I clicked "yes" in the warning. I cannot go into safemode because that will lead to a bluescreen. Any idea on how to remove these without getting into safemode?