PDA

View Full Version : I cant delete my email after instalation

pudiekat11
2008-02-16, 01:12
ok ever since i installed spybot my online email account will not let me highlight and delete my emails i know that spybot is why because i uninstalled it and i didnt have the problem anymore I really would like to keep spybot but i need to find out how to fix this problem when i contacted my internet provider they are whom i have my email account with they told me to contact spybot and find out something about adding the web page to some list can anyone tell me how to do this or what exactly i can do thank you

Zenobia
2008-02-16, 20:24
Does that happen while you are using Internet Explorer?

pudiekat11
2008-02-17, 00:46
Yes i am on internet explorer when it happens

Zenobia
2008-02-17, 03:59
Okay,I'm not sure if sdhelper would cause that behaviour or not,but it might be worth having a look.
But first,if you don't mind me asking,which version of Internet Explorer do you have?And which version of Spybot?If you're not sure,you can open Spybot,and click Help,then About.

pudiekat11
2008-02-17, 04:38
i have the newest internet explorer i beleive it 7.0 and the spybot 152 it was an upgrade i didnt have this problem with the older version of spybot

Zenobia
2008-02-17, 04:50
Okay,could you go into the online email account where you're having that problem,and try to delete an email?And then,after it won't delete,could you click Tools in Internet Explorer,and then Spybot-Search Destroy Configuration.In there,could you tell me what number is listed beside Blacklisted sites & files?

pudiekat11
2008-02-18, 22:29
it says blocked 6 allowed 0

Zenobia
2008-02-19, 01:35
Okay,try this.In Internet Explorer,go to Tools,then Spybot – Search & Destroy Configuration.In the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:
Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Try selecting 'Ask for blocking confirmation',then go back into your web mail account,and try to delete an email.If Spybot asks you to Allow or Deny a url,try selecting Allow,and see if you are able to delete your email then.

pudiekat11
2008-02-19, 01:52
yeah tried that but it still isnt working

Zenobia
2008-02-19, 02:37
Did you receive a prompt from Spybot when you tried deleting your web mail?If you don't mind my asking,which webmail do you have?

pudiekat11
2008-02-19, 04:04
no i dont get any kind of prompt from spybot at all all i know is when i uninstalled it i could highlight and delete my mail but when i reinstalled it it started happening again i have email with comcast @comcast.net they are my internet service providers

Zenobia
2008-02-19, 05:56
Okay,perhaps the 6 blocked with sdhelper was just a coincidence.To know for sure,try this.First,close Internet Explorer.Open Spybot,click mode,then Advanced Mode,click Yes to the warning prompt,then click Tools,then Resident,and uncheck the checkmark beside Resident "sdhelper".If you use Spybot's Teatimer,then click Allow change when Teatimer pops up,but please don't click Remember this decision.
Then,open up Internet Explorer,and go see if you're able to delete your email now.