PDA

View Full Version : Iwon signon blocked

dagger666
2006-02-15, 16:12
Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript.

I'm having trouble getting to sign into IWON.com to get to my iwonpage. It used to work ok but i needed to reinstall spybot a few times so is this stopping it? I have IE set to accept cookies for this site and it scome up as restricted. I have java set on high.

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-15, 17:55
Please reconsider using iwon.com!!!

Please read:
IWon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IWon

Then:
Aornum
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453072491

Iwon.com is placed in the restricted zone by Spybot's "Immunize" function. In addition Spybot also has a HOSTS file entry for Iwon.com. So if you add Spybot's HOSTS file list, this will prevent access.

IE Restricted Sites
Spybot places “iwon.com” in the restricted zone with the following Registry entry:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\iwon.com]
"*"=dword:00000004
Removing Iwon.com from IE Restricted Sites.
Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet options > Security tab > Restricted Sites > Sites button > scroll down to "*.iwon.com" and highlight it > click the Remove button.

Alternate method of removing Iwon.com from IE Restricted Sites
You can go into regedit and delete the entry. Or you can go into regedit and export a copy of the entry. Then using Notepad, edit the exported file to:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\iwon.com]
If you then execute the edited .reg file the Restricted Sites entry will be deleted. The advantage of the edited .reg file is that you can save it for use after each Spybot immunization.
HOSTS file entry
Spybot places an entry in the HOSTS for "iwon.com" as follows:

127.0.0.1 iwon.com
Removing "iwon.com" from the HOSTS file
Open the HOSTS file with Notepad.
The HOSTS file is located here:
Win 95/98/ME = C:\WINDOWS
Windows 2K = C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
Windows XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

Do a find for "iwon.com" (no quotes).
Delete the line containing "iwon.com".

dagger666
2006-02-15, 19:22
thanks, i forgot that is how i fixed last time. I like the way you can setup myiwon page, Haven't found any other that gives you the freedom. If somone would do it the same way i would no longer need them.

jdhj25
2008-07-10, 03:06
every time I do this_
HOSTS file entry

Code:
127.0.0.1 iwon.comRemoving "iwon.com" from the HOSTS file
The iwon always comes back
Tried everything
a popup comes up and says cant do that make sure the path and somthing else is correct. I use xp
Thanks

jdhj25
2008-07-10, 03:30
every time I do this_
HOSTS file entry

Code:
127.0.0.1 iwon.comRemoving "iwon.com" from the HOSTS file
The iwon always comes back
Tried everything
a popup comes up and says cant do that make sure the path and somthing else is correct. I use xp
Thanks

by the way I removed it from the registry.
checked a few times to make sure.
iwon wont delete from the host file.
I even restarted my computer

drragostea
2008-07-10, 04:50
Giving away free stuff just by doing nothing? That's nice :laugh:, and maybe I should give me address, Social Security #, and Credit Card information to a unencrypted page.
--
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/iwon.com?ref=safesearch&client_ver=FF_26.6_6269&locale=en-US&premium=false&aff_id=0
--

md usa spybot fan
2008-07-10, 05:39
jdhj25:

Many anti-spyware programs lock the HOSTS file by adding the "Read-only" attribute to the file. Spybot does that if either you:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > IE Tweaks and select the following entry:
Lock Hosts file read-only as protection against hijackers
--- or ---
Add Spybots HOSTS file entries to yours.
If you want to edit the HOSTS file manually:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to the HOSTS file.
Right click on the file and select "Properties".
When the "HOSTS Properties" window opens make sure that the "Attributes" (near the bottom) do not indicate "Read-only". If they do, uncheck the "Read-only" attribute, click "Apply" followed by "OK".
If the "Read-only" attribute was on the file and you removed it, you should be able to open the file with Notepad and edit it normally.

jdhj25
2008-07-11, 01:19
md usa spybot fan, Wow it worked.
I spent an hour and a half yesterday trying to figure that one out.
Appreciate it.
I use the iwon T.V guide it easy and pretty good.

wrlucas
2008-09-04, 19:13
I have read all threads on this subject and did everything suggested in them. Nothing worked. I had to pay $49.95 to get this fixed.

Problem is *.iwon.com, www.iwon.com, or http://home.iwon.com/iwon-homepage/home.jhtml were not listed in the restricted site list in IE.

Running recover on the IWON entry found the problem list merely reset my home page but did nothing to remove it from the restricted site list (again even though it was not listed by IE in that list).

But I did find the other entries as indicated in the forum and I removed them from the register and host file and rebooted.

The problem is I do not know how to fix this if I run Spybot again. So I guess I have to dump Spybot and go with another product. Is this true?

So why didn't Spybot undo all the changes it made in regards to IWON so I did not have to spend hours dealing with it.

Sincerely,

Bill Lucas:sad:

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-04, 21:09
wrlucas (Lucas):

… I had to pay $49.95 to get this fixed. ...
so I did not have to spend hours dealing with it. …
I'm sorry that you encountered problems and it cost you "… $49.95 …" plus "… hours dealing with it …".

I have read all threads on this subject and did everything suggested in them.
The problem is I do not know how to fix this if I run Spybot again. So I guess I have to dump Spybot and go with another product. Is this true?
Again I'm sorry, but I am at a loss as to how to respond. I don't what the exact problem you encountered was, what you read (aside from this thread), exactly what you tried to do to correct the problem or the steps someone else did (for $49.95).

If you could detail:
The problem you are/were encountering (the title of the thread is "Iwon signon blocked", but you did not indicate if that is the same problem you encountered.
The current status of the problem.
Is access to Iwon still blocked?
Are you now able to access to Iwon?
The steps you/someone else took to alleviate the problem.

wrlucas
2008-09-07, 20:42
Yes, it was indeed the same problem.

It was with one of your contracted support firms that did the job. I allowed him to take control my desktop. The support technician did several things at a fast pace. Most did not work. The last thing he did worked – whatever that was.

Since I want to keep IWON as my home page, I cannot use Spybot or I will be left in the same situation. Had the things in this thread worked, I would know how what to do and it would be no big deal. Or if I knew what he did, It would be no big deal.

So I am left with uninstalling SpyBot.

****************Below Is the Feedback I got from the service ******

This email serves as a receipt for your session:

Session ID: ST-5310180
Solution Report: Click Here
Date of Purchase: Thursday Sep 04 2008
Session Price: $49
Discount: $0
Total Amount: $49

Please note that these charges will appear on your credit card statement as www.SupportSpace.com.

Your opinion is important to us. If you haven't already done so, please provide feedback on your recent support session to help other customers select the right expert for their tech support needs.

Even when technical issues are not resolved to our customers' satisfaction, SupportSpace experts appreciate being compensated for the time and effort they invest in working on the problem. However, if desired, you may receive a refund for this session here.

If you need technical support, pre-purchase advice or software training, you can find Steve B and thousands of other experts at SupportSpace. To contact Steve B directly in the future, click here.

Please keep this email receipt for future reference.

Always at your service,
The SupportSpace Team

spybotsandra
2008-09-08, 13:16
Hello,

1. You can make a recovery if anything from IWON was removed.
Restore the files you deleted with Spybot - Search & Destroy: Run Spybot - Search & Destroy, select 'Spybot - Search & Destroy' --> 'Recovery' from the left bar and restore all the files and entries, which are in association with the item that should be restored. For your problem, it is especially important to have the tools update installed. Here is the direct download link for the tools update (http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_tools.exe).
After following these steps please try again. Be sure that all the Explorer windows are closed. Maybe you will have to restart your computer.

2. You can exclude IWON from future scans:
You can exclude a product from the search as follows:
First of all procede a scan with Spybot - Search & Destroy. Now, mark the item, you want to exclude from the search, with a left-click.
It is marked blue now. Then right-click this entry and select "exclude this product from further searches".

It is also possible to exclude it before the search. Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" -> "Ignore products". There you can tick the checkbox in front of the product you want to exclude from the search.

3. If their homepage is blocked:
Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
(3rd picture) (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd15/index.html)
If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
Then run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SdHelper'.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot