PDA

View Full Version : Let's Compare set ups

PapaSmurf
2008-02-18, 02:14
I am always curious as to how others have their systems set up. Some of what I have now comes from observing what others have said and posted over various security forums.
I do not believe that any one user has the "perfect" set up, but rather as a whole, the cyber community has come a long way in the prevention of abuse. To that end, I would like to share a little about my set up and invite anyone else to do the same. Any ideas or questions that may come up about my set up are gratefully accepted.

My humble cyber tool:
Processor Summary
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 ES
CPU Clock: 1600.1 MHz (12.0 x 133.3MHzQDR)
Level 1 Cache: 8kB+12k uOp (data+instr.)
Level 2 Cache: 512 kB
Operating System Summary
Operating System: MS Windows 2000 Professional (5.0.2195 Service Pack 4)

Outpost Firewall

AVG AntiVirus

WinPatrol Plus

Intel Active monitor-This program ties into my thermal settings.

TaskInfo 6.2-This is an older program, but works very well for me.

SpyBot Search and Destroy v 1.5.2.20 - Since I have winpatrol on realtime monitoring, I do not keep SpyBot resident, but rather I use it as a powerful scanning agent at least once a week.

Mozilla FireFox 2.0.0.12 loaded with NoScript v1.4, FireKeeper 0.2.14, and AdBlock. - With these few addons in place, I have been very secure in my travels across the net. Since FireFox has gotten much more exposure, the script kiddies have written items, both good and bad, to deal with it. So, having these addons in my opinion is a must.

Well, thats it, hope this inspires more comparisons. I am always looking to learn a new trick, and am happy to part with any tricks I know now :)