PDA

View Full Version : 1.52 and Vista

ErnieK
2008-02-18, 11:09
Just got lappy with Vista Home Premium installed.
Only user with full (default) user permissions.

Installed SBSD 1.52 and ran updates. When I try to immunize I am told that I need to be administrator. I am the only user and am an administrator.

I have tried right clicking icon and selecting Run as Administrator with success. Result is that I cannot fully immunize system. (At last count 8 items showing unprotected (un-immunized)

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
Ernie

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-18, 17:36
What catagory (profile) are these 8 unimmunized items in?

What other anti-malware products do you run (some prevent full immunization by blocking some of Spybot's entries)?

ErnieK
2008-02-22, 10:10
Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

I uninstalled SPSD and then re-installed it by right clicking the exe and selecting Run as Administrator to see if it would make a difference. The only difference is that it now will not imunise 2 items in Opera (content).

When I run SPSD I still have to right click the shortcut and select Run as Admin. I am the only user on the comp and am an administrator and I do have full access to areas (I checked the permission). I have with tried the UAC turning off as well as on to see if this would make any difference

Security programs installed are as follows: (All softwares ARE vista versions)

Windows firewall turned OFF
SPSD
Avast anti-virus
Zone Alarm (free) firewall
WinPatrol
A2
Spyware Blaster
Windows Defender

This is the same software that runs on my XP prof machine where it does so without bother.

I have also tried stopping all of these (disconnecting from the internet before doing so) to see if this would help but it makes no difference. No matter what I do I must right click and select run as admin when I already have the permissions and then it goes part way through the immunising and I reciev message I do not have permission to do this. ???
Ernie

honda12
2008-02-24, 13:11
Hi

There might be a conflict between spyware blaster and spybot, but first see if this works:

1. undo your immunization
2. then re-immunize