PDA

View Full Version : Imunize # different in LUA and Admin accounts

cel01
2008-02-18, 13:28
XP Pro SP2 Spybot 1.5.2.20 Most current update as of 2/18

Number of immunized files listed in LUA's different from Admin accounts.

In Admin mode all profiles show 185515 immunized files but in LUA all profiles show 57215.

I even changed a LUA account to Admin to verify this and the same thing happens the numbers change.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-18, 15:01
Spybot immunizes the same entries in multiple registry hives. The numbers can vary from system to system or user to user depending on the operating system, the number of users, the type of user account of the user immunizing (Administrator, limited), etc. With Spybot 1.5 if you have browsers other than Internet Explorer the count is also affected.

In Spybot 1.5, look on the immunization screen (pay particular attention to number of different entries in the Profile column). You will note that the limited account has fewer registry hives immunized. This is because the limited account does not have permission to immunize in all registry hives.

cel01
2008-02-18, 17:10
Thanks for the reply. I do use FF 99% of the time. Was concerned something was wrong with my program good to hear it is expected to work that way.

By the way over the years I have had this program I have been thoroughly impressed. Thank you so much for being there for all us computer users. It is the first program program I install on my new computer friends machines.

Take Care
Celeste