PDA

View Full Version : Spybot S&D Resident - Startup entry database

waypam55
2008-02-18, 18:46
I recently had to reformat my computer. I am running Windows XP Home sp2. I have Zone Alarm Free, AVG Free, Spyware Blaster and Ad-Aware running. My computer was doing quirky things and my home pages were changed. ZoneAlarm no longer let me "allow or block" programs. I tried to do a System Restore and it would not restore. I uninstalled Zone Alarm and received the following mesage from TeaTimer: that system32.exe, Added by the AGOBOT.KU Worm Notge: has a blank entry under the Startup Item/Name Field. What does this mean and what do I need to do at this point. I have not allowed or denied the entry.

2008-02-19, 04:57
You may try restarting your pc, and then hit f8 when windows is booting, and choose safe mode, and perform all your scans under safe mode, and remove anything that is found. see if that solves it first.
If not: you may need to visit the malware forums found on the very first page of the forums. Explain your prob there, as it sounds you are infected that requires a skilled malware fighter.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-19, 16:00
waypam55:

You have provided the information from the "Spybot-S&D Resident - Startup entry database", however you did not provide the information from the registry change dialog itself, i.e.:
Category:
Change:
Entry:
Old data:
New data:
That particular description will be displayed anytime there is an addition, change or deletion of a startup entry that has a blank ValueName ("Entry" in the registry change dialog). Without at least the type of "Change", I can't even tell if you were dealing with addition, change or deletion of a startup entry.

What is the status of the change currently?