PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Silent Install

HorizonX
2008-02-19, 00:28
I maintain a personal set of install scripts for formats and the like, and was wondering how to do a silent instal of SpyBot 1.52 w/out teatimer. I used the /VERYSILENT script for 1.4 no problems, but for 1.52 it installs teatimer by default with that switch which I don't want. Is there a switch I could use or a tweak I could apply? Thanks for any help!

HorizonX
2008-02-19, 05:16
Alternatively, does anyone know what action spybot takes when you untick the resident box so I could add it in manually? Not preferable obviously but better than nothing.

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-19, 12:15
HorizonX:

There is a discussion in the following thread about installing without TeaTimer:
[Solved] Beta Silent Install
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16684

Unchecking the following item in the Tools > Resident removes the startup entry for TeaTimer.exe and terminates TeaTimer.exe if it is running:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) active.
The startup entry that gets removed is:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SpybotSD TeaTimer"="C:\\Program Files\\Spybot - Search & Destroy\\TeaTimer.exe"

HorizonX
2008-02-20, 02:10
Thank's for the response... for now I'm using

taskkill /IM TeaTimer.exe /F
reg delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v "SpybotSD TeaTimer" /f

to disable it after install, but I can't believe it's enabled by default in silent install w/ no way to turn it off other than doing it manually. With something this nagging being installed by default it's going to be harder to recommend Spybot from now on... :(

HorizonX
2008-02-20, 03:10
Wow sorry, I re-read that thread and tried the tasks option & it works wonderfully. I accidentally thought that it just prevented from running after install, but it does in fact prevent it from being added to the startup list at all! The commandline reference in the spybot help file is very detailed, I recommend anyone else doing silent installs read it. Thanks again for the help fan.