PDA

View Full Version : tea timer

56chevy
2008-02-20, 00:13
i just installed tea timer on my wifes computer and it keeps asking her to make decisions on registry changes. How do i remove tea timer and just let spy bot run?

spybotsandra
2008-02-20, 00:16
Hello,

You can disable TeaTimer as follows:
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

56chevy
2008-02-20, 00:32
You can disable TeaTimer as follows:
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

When i click on tools there is a box that says "resident" Show the report created by the permanent protection of Spybot.

But i don't see tea timer anywhere??

honda12
2008-02-20, 01:00
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj115/ilovehobnobs/Untitled-1.png

56chevy
2008-02-20, 01:26
Thanks for helping a rookie!

honda12
2008-02-20, 01:27
no problem, :laugh:

CadScot
2008-02-20, 18:41
it keeps asking her to make decisions on registry changes. How do i remove tea timer
:eek:
Personally, I would be more worried about why all the Registry changes are happening!!! (Unless you are 100% certain of the source of and reasons for all those changes?) They are often a first symptom of the presence of a malware/spyware infection. Much more worrying than the occasional prompt informing you that something may be trying to add itself to your system's startup, I would have thought?!

Admittedly I also have TeaTimer disabled here on my Win98SE PC :wink:, BUT that is because it randomly produces a big white dialog box (empty apart from a Close button) and then usually the machine is screwed and requires a reboot. I got totally fed up with this, and even posted a comment elsewhere in here, but no replies to that so far :blink:, despite several days of waiting.

(Yes, this is the latest version of S&D; and yes, appearance of the Big White Box is random, any time from right after startup to minutes or even hours later.)
--
BFN
CAD