PDA

View Full Version : Updated from ver1.4 to 1.5.2 problem?

six-h
2008-02-20, 15:12
Hi Guys,
I'm new here, and don't know if you can help, but my PC is falling apart since updating from ver 1.4.
I had been told to update my version which I did, but part way through a normal update cycle, the Install Wizard started!
Upshot is, I've effectively installed the new version on top of the old.
Not good practice I was always taught.
Later I installed Sunbelt Personal Firewall, and things are now falling apart.

Sunbelt help desk asked me to do a system report, and my PC froze at the final preparation, same in Safe Mode, had to terminate with Task Manager.

My home page, G-mail, disconnects every 6 seconds.

The g-mail spellchecker now brings up (Not Responding) in the IE7 Title Bar, but persistent clicking of the left mouse button eventually gets it working.

I'm no longer able to left click links in g-mails, I must centre click them to open in a new tab.

G-mail no longer transmits attachments.

I'm sure there are more surprises in store for me, that I've not yet discovered:sad:

Is it possible that Spybot has not overwritten the old installation properly?
Is it possible that there is a conflict between Spybot and Sunbelt?
Is it possible that you can help me??:sad:

six-h

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-22, 17:52
With Spybot 1.5.2 running, fully immunized, the SDHelper BHO enabled and using Internet Explorer, I when into my gmail account tested spellcheck, sent and received emails with attachments and links. I had none of the problems you described.

Is it possible that Spybot has not overwritten the old installation properly?
Possible I guess, but I think that there would be an indication of that within Spybot itself in the form of errors.

Is it possible that there is a conflict between Spybot and Sunbelt?
Possible I guess, but you would be the first person that I am aware of to report that (I personally don't use the Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall).

six-h
2008-02-22, 18:03
Hmmm..
30 odd e-mails down the road, Sunbelt help desk recons that there's maybe some damage to my OS:sad:

So thanks for the feedback, I'll have to check out my OS before going further.

Just hope I don't have to do a complete re-install!!!