PDA

View Full Version : protected cookies

johnwrites
2008-02-20, 19:56
Why have I protected cookies and how do I get rid of them? I do not want any cookes protected. I have the latest spybot but am new again as I have not had spybot for a few months. Please remind me. Thanks
PS I have protected domains too?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-20, 20:20
Why have I protected cookies and how do I get rid of them? I do not want any cookes protected. I have the latest spybot but am new again as I have not had spybot for a few months. Please remind me. Thanks
PS I have protected domains too?
Can you please define "protected cookies" and "protected domains"?

Through the immunization process Spybot prevents the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

Are you indicating that you do not what Spybot to do that?

johnwrites
2008-02-20, 20:53
Can you please define "protected cookies" and "protected domains"?I have ignore cookies. It says if they are checked they will be excluded from removal. But even though they are not checked they are not being removed

Through the immunization process Spybot prevents the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

Are you indicating that you do not what Spybot to do that?No I do want that, maybe I am confused. I want Spybot to prevent the storing of certain cookies on your system and also places certain sites (domains) in Internet Explorer's restricted zone.

But I do not want cookies on my pc and do not want any cookies ignored. Can i configure Spybot to scan for and delete all cookies.

Thanks for your reply

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-20, 21:03
johnwrites

Can i configure Spybot to scan for and delete all cookies.
What Web browser and version are you using?

johnwrites
2008-02-20, 21:09
johnwrites

What Web browser and version are you using?

IE7 and spybot 1.5.2.20

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-20, 23:46
johnwrites:

If you want to delete all cookies and are using Internet Explorer 7, rather than use Spybot to do that (which is more time consuming):
Go into the Internet Explorer 7 "Tools" menu.
Select "Delete Browsing History...".
When the "Delete Browsing History" dialog appears, select "Delete cookies…".
Answer the "Delete cookies" confirmation dialog with "Yes".
Then on the "Delete Browsing History" dialog click the "Close" button.

johnwrites
2008-02-20, 23:52
If you want to delete all cookies and are using Internet Explorer 7, rather than use Spybot to do that (which is more time consuming):
Go into the Internet Explorer 7 "Tools" menu.
Select "Delete Browsing History...".
When the "Delete Browsing History" dialog appears, select "Delete cookies…".
Answer the "Delete cookies" confirmation dialog with "Yes".
Then on the "Delete Browsing History" dialog click the "Close" button.
=================
I know that just wondered why i cannot set spybot to have no ignore cookies. Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-21, 06:38
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Check the following item (near the bottom):
Usage Tracking
When you do a "Check for problems" a green "Cookie" item should be listed. Check the item and do a "Fix selected problems".

johnwrites
2008-02-21, 12:15
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Check the following item (near the bottom):
Usage Tracking
When you do a "Check for problems" a green "Cookie" item should be listed. Check the item and do a "Fix selected problems".Thanks md usa spybot fan. That is what I was looking for! I could not remember how to do it. Is Spybot as good as ever some say is it falling behind?Thanks again

johnwrites
2008-03-05, 19:58
Usage Tracking
When you do a "Check for problems" a green "Cookie" item should be listed. Check the item and do a "Fix selected problems".I did that but on the lower part the immunize screen I have 186 protected software and administrator cookies. What is that about?

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-06, 06:49
That indicates that by immunizing you are protected against 186 different tracking cookies being stored on your system.

johnwrites
2008-03-06, 11:08
That indicates that by immunizing you are protected against 186 different tracking cookies being stored on your system.oh right right thanks:)