PDA

View Full Version : I can not run a spyware scan

kishimojun
2008-02-21, 14:11
As of yesterday (after many successful scans and removals), I have begun getting an error message every time I try to scan with SpyBot. The error is as follows:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013
Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

I use XP, IE7, and have ZoneAlarm for antivirus and firewall (windows firewall is off).

This error completely locks up my computer and I have to turn it off to do anything.

spybotsandra
2008-02-21, 14:40
Hello,

At first please upgrade to the new Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd152.exe

If this does not help this is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
The problem is usually cause by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then ether put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

There are instructions for reassigning the device to another letter here:
There Is No Disk in the Drive (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

kishimojun
2008-02-23, 02:52
Thank you for your reply. First let me say that I installed the updated version of Spybot.

Now the bizarre part. On my computer (a Dell E521, about 1.5 yrs old), when I restored it I created two admin user accounts, one for myself, one for my husband. Mine is the more frequently used. Mine is the one having this error problem. When I log off and go into his account, Spybot updates and scans without any problem at all. When I try it in my account, same problem.

Now, it is true that Dell decided my hard drive should be named "E" and the drive named "C" is unassigned. However, this holds true from my husband's account, too. Yet his account generates no errors.

I would like to ask also, and I understand this isn't exactly a Spybot-related issue, what would happen if I changed my hard drive's name to "C"? How would this affect all of my software currently assigned to "E"? I am REALLY not looking forward to having to reinstall everything again.

Thank you in advance for your help.

spybotsandra
2008-02-23, 19:26
Hello,

Please have a look at the "Directories" in the "Settings" when you run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode". There you can add additional harddisks or folders.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot