PDA

View Full Version : New ver 1.5.2 is blocking popups that I want!

Hawaii Steve
2008-02-23, 09:57
I'm using the current version of FireFox, 2.0.0.12. Since I installed the update to ver SpyBot 1.5.2, and Teatimer... whatever that is... a couple of days ago, legitimate popups that I want, which come from cnomy.com, are being blocked, and I can't find a way to unblock them! I uninstalled Teatimer, but doing so didn't help. I have popups from cnomy.com set to "allow" in FireFox.

How can I unblock these popups, and possibly others? Where is an option for unblocking popups?

Thanks,

Steve

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-23, 18:09
Hawaii Steve:

Both cnomy.com and www.cnomy.com are place in the System HOSTS file by Spybot's immunization process.

They may also be blocked Spybot's new Firefox immunization.

To remove sites from the System HOSTS file:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (answer yes to the warning message if necessary) > Tools > Hosts file.
In the listing of Hosts file entries, find and highlight the entries you want to remove and click the "Remove selected entries" button.
If that does not resolve the problem, try going into Spybot > Immunize and undoing the immunization for Firefox. If undoing the immunization for Firefox resolves the problem, perhaps someone can help you with how to just reverse the immunization on those two objects rather than expose yourself to all the other things the Firefox is designed to protect you from.

Hawaii Steve
2008-02-24, 03:59
Thanks. The URL was in the SpyBot hosts file list TWICE! And your solution solved the problem!

It's odd that something critical and significant like this doesn't come up no matter how I searched on blocked popups, etc.

Thanks again!

Steve

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-24, 06:29
It's odd that something critical and significant like this doesn't come up no matter how I searched on blocked popups, etc.
Please read the following:
Hosts file Block
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=24342