PDA

View Full Version : IE Registry Changes

Switchman05
2008-02-24, 22:50
What have I done or not done to cause Spybot to put warnings
that there is a registry change and to click accept/refuse. This happens 5 or 10 times when I'm working. Some come one right after another.

I'm not sure If I should allow them or not, I have no idea how they occure or what they are. So just for the heck of it :rolleyes: I'll Click yes one time and no the other.

I also have Norton and Spysweeper. When I downloaded the new release I encountered a warning for a keylogger and got all confused and :oops: terminated the download. The after checking the SpyBot home page I downloaded the release.

Who knows (I don't) what I've dome.

Some suggestions please.

Thanks and have a good day.
See ya

spybotsandra
2008-02-24, 23:47
Hello,

Please read this information about TeaTimer:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/33.html
and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/34.html
If you surf the web and without any user interaction the teatimer pops up and warns about a registry change it is better to "deny", but if you install something by yourself it is OK to "allow" the change.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Switchman05
2008-02-25, 06:28
Thank you for your quick response. At least I now know what is causing it to occur but not now to stop it.

I would get these warnings when I'd open IE, click of a function within a sight. It got so bad I would get 12 or more one after the other. I was editing a post on a model train site and one popped up and the whole system locked up. I had to pull the plug.

When it came back up the screen blinked 4 times and went to blue. :police: I shut it down and when it came back up an MS message saying there was disk continuity problem. :spider: It check itself out and when I restarted it worked ok. No head crash :eek: Then I came to you folks.

I downloaded the new release (if it don't work turn it off/on) and overlaid it. I'll see if this stops or reduces it.

Thank you