PDA

View Full Version : no audio device detected

porkupine13
2008-02-25, 14:24
after running spybot my audio device/driver has disappeared. it indicates no audio device in device manager. i have downloaded all drivers and even bought new sound card and installed correctly and still have no sound. something is blocking i believe, i have turned off Norton, same result. cannot load Wave file also. please advise, THX, Ed Gennrich, also ran recovery and reloaded files spybot extracted, nothing still.

BurningMonkey
2008-02-25, 15:10
:greeting:
Are you using Windows XP? Can you check if "Windows Audio Service" is running (in Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services)?
Is the sound card recognised in Device Manager? Are there any yellow exclamation/question marks in Device Manager?

porkupine13
2008-02-25, 21:59
:greeting:
Are you using Windows XP? Can you check if "Windows Audio Service" is running (in Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services)?
Is the sound card recognised in Device Manager? Are there any yellow exclamation/question marks in Device Manager?

yes am using xp and sound card is recognized in device mgr, no yellow exclamation or question marks, when i boot up windows, that charateristic sound that windows comes on with is gone also. Ed.

BurningMonkey
2008-02-25, 22:55
Can you check if "Windows Audio Service" is running (in Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services)?

porkupine13
2008-02-29, 03:14
Can you check if "Windows Audio Service" is running (in Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services)? yes i have done that an it is burning monkey, porkupine13.

porkupine13
2008-02-29, 03:20
yes am using xp and sound card is recognized in device mgr, no yellow exclamation or question marks, when i boot up windows, that charateristic sound that windows comes on with is gone also. Ed. yes windows audio is set to auto burning monkey.