PDA

View Full Version : access violation 1.5.2.2.0

Alicia
2008-02-27, 06:14
I found a post when searching under access violation but it was in another language. I don't know how to tell search to do it in English.

Anyway I uninstalled old version of Spybot, rebooted and installed new version 1.5.2.2.0 I ran a scan with the
Usage tracking checked. I had no spyware listed. Under the list for Usage tracking were some items I do not want to show in future searches. Eg Logs. I right clicked it and choose deselect product and I got an Access violation at
address 006CEA7D in module spybot.exe write address
and a bunch of numbers.

I manually left log unchecked and asked Spybot to fix the rest. That worked fine. What is this error about? Is there a fix for it?

XP SP2 Home Edition fully updated.

P.S. Where is the registry backup file made during install located?

Alicia
2008-02-27, 07:41
Okay tried a new scan. This time it let me exclude 2 items from future scans. No errors. Weird.

RoninV
2008-02-28, 12:25
So you're saying that you didn't get your error messages the next time you ran SSD?

After performing a scan, I got the following error message when attempting to scroll through the results list (using the arrow cursor keys) and/or using the space bar to select the items for deletion; "Access violation at address 00473BA3 in module 'SpybotSD.exe'. Read of address 00000007" I had to select the items for deletion individually (left mouse click).

Once the items were deleted, I got the following error message; "Exception EAccessViolation in module SpybotSD.exe at 000738B2 Access violation at address 004738B2 in module 'SpybotSD.exe'. Read of address 00000007"

Yodama
2008-02-28, 12:38
thank you for reporting this issue,

if possible please give the following information:

Operating System (Win98SE/Win2K/WinXP/etc)
installed physical memory ( how many MB / GB of RAM)
settings for virtual memory (managed by Windows or manually allocated size)
other applications that were running when the error occured
does the error reoccur every time the action was initiated?
do other application also give a similar error message?

proteo2000
2008-02-29, 03:01
Same issue... SD crashes at start.

Application Error

Exception EAccessViolation in module SPYBOTSD.EXE at 002E609B.
Access violation at address 002E609B in module 'SPYBOTSD.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF.

I installed SD in a PC with Win98SE in spanish, 96 MB of RAM, Pentium processor, virtual memory managed by windows, and with Free AVG Antivirus running. The error occurs every time I start the application. However, if I start windows in Safe Mode, the application works fine.

In fact, this issue is present in every Win98 PC I have in the office, every of them with similar specs.

Alicia
2008-02-29, 07:46
thank you for reporting this issue,

if possible please give the following information:

Operating System (Win98SE/Win2K/WinXP/etc)
installed physical memory ( how many MB / GB of RAM)
settings for virtual memory (managed by Windows or manually allocated size)
other applications that were running when the error occured
does the error reoccur every time the action was initiated?
do other application also give a similar error message?

Sorry for the delay Yodama, darn thing called work.

System info: XP SP2 Home edition with all the latest updates. 4CPU 2.8Ghz 512 RAM 80 GB HD 59GB free
Virtual memory page size 756MB

I do have Spyware Blaster 3.5.1 in case that's relevant. Winpatrol free version monitors host files and IE home page and asks me to confirm if it detects any changes. I have Superantispyware installed, but no real time protection in the free version I have. It is set to notify me if IE home page changes. I have Start up monitor running. My AV is Nod32. Firewall is Sygate personal firewall. I have GoBack 3.2 Deluxe version (before it came parcelled with symantec products :)

The error only occurred the very first time I checked for problems after installing the 1.5.2.2.0 (clean install). I was trying to exclude the Log files, and Open With from future scans. I right clicked each of these two items and asked it to ignore for future scans. I got the same error for both. Then I closed Spybot, opened it again, ran another Check for problems, and this time I was able to exclude these same two items, without getting any errors. I did notice that there is nothing listed in the ignore list that you are supposed to use to reverse items that have been listed as ignore. I ran Spybot again today. Downloaded updates, then ran a scan to check for problems. The two items I had excluded Logs & Open With were not listed, however they are still not showing in the ignore list.

I also noticed that the option to lock host files in IE tweaks, did not keep my setting, as unchecked initially. It seems to have 'stuck' now and remains unchecked as I have set it.

Jonssen
2008-02-29, 22:23

Application Error

Access violation at address 002E609B in module 'SPYBOTSD.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF.

Just to link the thread where this error is originally raised:-

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=23936

Thanks, Bob.

Alicia
2008-03-01, 03:37
Okay. Thanks. :)

serglass
2008-04-14, 17:28

Application Error

I installed SD in a PC with Win98SE in spanish, 96 MB of RAM, Pentium processor, virtual memory managed by windows, and with Free AVG Antivirus running. The error occurs every time I start the application. However, if I start windows in Safe Mode, the application works fine.

In fact, this issue is present in every Win98 PC I have in the office, every of them with similar specs.

Hey folks:
I have the same issue and realize that if I load first drwatson the spybot do not crash, jejejeje !!!

I don't know why is that, because I have 6 pc running similar configuration and in 3 of them i have no problem, but in the others the spybot crash.

Goodluck

Alicia
2008-04-14, 22:10
Odd isn't it. Glad you figured it out. I am no longer getting the error and I didn't change anything to try and eliminate it.