PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally uninstalled my Spybot with Add/Remove...I want it back. Help!!!

cromwell1230
2008-02-29, 10:30
Hi! I was looking at my Add/Remove Programs this morning when I noticed I have 2 entries for Spybot there...one is listed as plain Spybot S&D and the other one is listed as Spybot S&D 1.5.2XXX...i forgot the actual number. I assume that the one without number was an old installation so I proceeded to click "Remove"...I now regret it. When I try to open my Spybot I was surprised that it's gone already:scratch:...there's a message "folder cannot be found or been moved"...can't remember again the exact message...but the bottomline is I think I have uninstalled my latest/updated Spybot when in fact I am intending to remove only the one entry among the two that was in my Add/Remove. Now, I know that to properly uninstall Spybot I have to undo immunization first and turn-off TeaTimer...both of these I haven't done:fear: because I just clicked "Remove" in Add/Remove. What possible (bad)consequences could these have on my pc? I don't want to have problem when I re-install again another Spybot. I also notice that there is still the Spybot folder in my Program Files and it contains 2 subfolder...advcheck.dll 1.5.4.5 893KB and TeaTimer 2MB. Do I have to delete them first before I re-install Spybot?

md usa spybot fan
2008-02-29, 11:42
If you still have an entry for Spybot - Search & Destroy in Add/Remove Programs, remove it.

Download the installation program (spybotsd152.exe) from one of the mirror sites listed here:
Mirror selection - The home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html
Try to just reinstall Spybot over what is already there. If there are problems let us know.

cromwell1230
2008-02-29, 13:50
I have just re-installed Spybot now...no problem so far...will come back to this forum should there be snag. Thanks md usa spybot fan!