PDA

View Full Version : windows disable notify

parkway15
2005-11-05, 23:20
SD detects threat Windows security center.firewallDisablenotify and Windows security center.antivirusDisablenotify SD fixes problem found, upon restart, I run SD again to the same result. norton doesnt pickup this spyware, any advice?:confused:

md usa spybot fan
2005-11-06, 06:21
These detections:

Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
Indicate two of the setting within Windows Security Center have been turned off. Go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Resources (on the left hand side of the window – expand if necessary) > click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". This brings up an "Alert Setting" window. There are three possible alerts:
Firewall
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings
Automatic Updates
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my Automatic Updates settings
Virus Protection
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my virus protection software settings
I believe that you will find that the first and third alerts are turned off. For more of an explanation please see this post:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=216&postcount=2