PDA

View Full Version : Help

toobad
2006-02-18, 18:00
Yesterday SpyBot crashed on me and had to uninstall and reinstall it. Now I have a icon on desktop named CA36IHBR. and it won't delete. In properties it is 0 bytes. When I try to delete it, it says this (Cannot delete file: Cannot read from source file or disk).

Thanks for any help,
TB

Zenobia
2006-02-20, 07:33
It's doubtful this will work,but you could try to delete it in safe mode.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2001052409420406

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-21, 18:39
I don't know why I didn't think of this when the thread was first started three days ago, but answering another thread for a different problem made me think of it.

The cause of the problem could be a corrupt file system. Try running CHKDSK and see of it corrects the problem.

Running CHKDSK.

Open a command prompt. Click Start than Run. Type "command" (no quotes). Click "OK" Type "CHKDSK C: /R" (no quotes). Type "Y" (no quotes), when asked if you want to do this during the next reboot. Type "EXIT" (no quotes) Reboot your system. Note: CHKDSK may run for quite a while so just be patient.

toobad
2006-03-07, 03:16
Computer crashed and when I got it running again, those 2 files are still there. I have tried all those things already and they just won't go away. Bug's the hell out of me.
These are the file names (CA36IHBR.) & (CAA7QV2H.)
I have run Spybot, Adaware, and Computer Associates EZ antivirus - I think it has something to do with Computer Associates EZ antivirus, as I think they both showed up after a virus scan.

Thanks for the help,

tashi
2006-03-07, 23:21
I think it has something to do with Computer Associates EZ antivirus, as I think they both showed up after a virus scan.
I think you may be right, have you tried asking them about the problem? Just a thought. :)