PDA

View Full Version : Removal error?

MsAnne
2008-03-04, 04:41
My computer shut down when my electricity went out temporarily last week. When I turned the computer back on a message requesting "memory dump" was displayed. Spotbot blocked it and I denyed it. I believe I should have accepted it and I need to know how to restore, I'm assuming this "lost information." I could not find this blocked data in the Spybot module.:oops:

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-04, 06:53
MsAnne:

You cannot reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make with TeaTimer. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

You can remove "Remember this decision" entries but that does not change or reverse registry entries, it only affects the way that TeaTimer handles future registry changes.

If you post the portion of the Resident.log file that shows the registry change that you denied in error, perhaps someone can help you reverse the affects of the denial. To do that:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Page (scroll) to the bottom of the listing and highlight a portion of the log that shows the denied registry change.
Then right click and select Copy.
Paste (Ctrl+V) the log entries to another post in this thread.