PDA

View Full Version : I run & destroy, then run and there's more

hang3xc
2008-03-04, 17:31
I run the program scan. It detects whatever is on machine supposedly. Then I destroy it, supposedly. Then I run the scan again, immediately, after I just destroyed everything, and there are still things found. Some things are the same (?) some not. Whats up?

When I say immediately, that's what I mean. I do NOTHING else, just hit scan again and watch it detect more stuff, some of the same, some not (i think)

I was kind of hoping I would run scan, delete the bad stuff, run it again, and have a clean slate.

Thanks for any help you can give. This is frustrating and I'm not a computer genius (obviously)

2008-03-04, 17:57
that the items keep reappearing and are unable to be removed. OR btw, it could also be tracking cookies that re being discovered, make sure you have spybot only to do a spyware check, and see if that helps. IF NOT: Make sure you have spybot completely updated and try again. if that doesn't work, try unpluging your Internet connection, because its possible the spyware etc. could be re downloading after it discovers its being removed. Scan again. if you remove the items and more appear, try scanning in safe mode by restarting and then hit f8 when windows loads. choose safe mode and run your antiviruis and antispyware scans completely. remove anything found, and is spybot able to scan fine then and not detect anymore stuff? thanx let me know.

hang3xc
2008-03-04, 18:52
Thank YOU. Anyways, I got frustrated and did a system restore from a week ago. Now it seems fine. I haven't run spybot yet, but the pc started up quick and seems to be running great. No DOS boxes popped up during boot.

I know my problems started by installing something I got from a torrent. I scanned it before using it and nothing was found, but the trouble started right after.

I wanted what I installed so I tried to get rid of what it put in, but obviously that didn't work. I'm going out to buy an external hard drive so I can make a full backup. That way if I ever get totally destroyed I can bring it back

2008-03-04, 22:12
the system restore was going to be my next suggestion haha. Your welcome. :D: Ya something downloaded from torrent would def affect something like that. You failed to mention that but ok. thats fine. :) that is a very good method/idea with the backup external drive. good job and I'm glad i could help. :bigthumb: