PDA

View Full Version : Immunize all accounts (a version thing or a config thing?)

1eyedjack
2006-02-19, 09:35
Hi all. I am currently running version 1.3. Other threads in this forum indicate I should be on version 1.4. Is that a beta or full release? When I run a search for updates in 1.3 it does not prompt to upgrade to 1.4 (although it does regularly pick up updated detection rules).

That said, my reason for posting is that I am looking for a way to immunize all accounts from one account (signed in with supervisor rights, of course). Other threads indicate that this is possible but I am wondering whether this option is restricted to version 1.4.

Thanks

1eyedjack
2006-02-19, 12:03
Have just manually upgraded to version 1.4.
Immunized with supervisor rights.
Logged on as someone else (5 users set up on a home pc with XP Pro)
and found that there remained about 215 items to immunize.
Still cannot find anything in Advanced/Settings/Settings to specify a global immunize across all users.

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-19, 17:02
Still cannot find anything in Advanced/Settings/Settings to specify a global immunize across all users.
There is no such setting.

Some of Spybot's immunization installs to the Registry location for the current user of the PC. Therefore the immunization must be repeated for each user in order to be fully protected.

cheater87
2006-02-20, 06:13
please have something in the next version that immunizes everyones in the next version