PDA

View Full Version : New Version changing date after download?

matty2tan
2008-03-05, 02:17
I had a very frustrating experience with "expired certificates" and "new programs found" after downloading the new version...it was crippling my computer and no setting changes would work..I looked at my anti-virus program and saw that I had not scanned my computer in 380 days-impossible! I clicked on the date in the tray and saw that Spy-Bot had moved the date back a year-what a pain in the ass this was to troubleshoot-if that's not a bug-I don't know what the definition is! The only change to the computer was the Spy-Bot download!

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-05, 07:16
Related thread:
certificate errors-new programs after install?
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=25203

PepiMK
2008-03-05, 16:19
Spybot-S&D implements no option at all to access the computers clock!

You spell it "Spy-Bot" though, not "Spybot" or "Spybot-S&D"... the spelling with dash sounds like one of those scam copies / rogue versions. Are you sure you got the real thing?

matty2tan
2008-03-06, 16:43
yes-I'm sure it was the real thing-I downloaded it from mirror that I used before, at Safer Networking-sorry about the spelling-didn't mean no disrespect! And that was the only change I made to the computer before the "year' date change-awfully big coincidence if the install didn't affect.