PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 1.5.2.0?

godawgs
2008-03-06, 06:49
OK, I'm lost here. I just updated my SpyBot S&D ver 1.4 Evidently the update included the upgrade to ver 1.5.2.0
When the new version started to install, the installation said it would install in Program Files\SpyBot-Search & Destroy. I said OK. Then it said that the folder already existed and asked if I wanted to create the folder program Files\SpyBot Saerch & Destroy anyway. I said yes. The installation completed, but now I have two Desktop icons. The original icon for ver 1.4 is a shortcut to the SpyBot.exe and is 933 bytes in size. The icon for SpyBotsd152.exe is an actual file, 9.27MB in size and is located in the C:\Documents&Settings\Username\Desktop folder. The SpyBot S&D folder in the Start/All Programs menu lists SpyBot S&D, but it points to the SpyBotSD.exe in the C:\Programs\SpyBot-Search & Destroy folder(which, by the way, shows the file version to be 1.2.5.0, with a size of 4.90MB). It also has the File Shredder program in it. The system tray icom for SpyBot SD-Resident has alla th new menu items in it.
The Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel Has both SpyBots in it. I haven't gone any further. Can someone tell me what I should do now?
Thanks.

godawgs
2008-03-06, 07:28
I just found a thread explaining my situation. And realised that the SpyBotsd152.exe file on my desktop is the installation file for version 1.5.2.2. SORRY..