PDA

View Full Version : help please on two reg entrys it found. are they fals detection

fox_spirit
2006-02-19, 23:53
windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

not sure what to do with these to reg entry are they vital to my system or true spyware/adaware. please help thanks tony.

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-20, 00:32
If you go into Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Resources (on the left hand side of the window – expand if necessary) > click "Change the way Security Center alerts me". This brings up an "Alert Setting" window.

There are three possible alerts:
Firewall
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my firewall settings
Automatic Updates
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my Automatic Updates settings
Virus Protection
Alert me if my computer might be at risk because of my virus protection software settings
I believe that you will find that the first and third items are unchecked. This is the cause of the following Spybot detections:

Windows Security Center.FirewallDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify!=dword:0

Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify: Settings
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify!=dword:0
These alerts could have been turned off manually, by some security solution (see Note #1) or by malware. Spybot-S&D is alerting that there is an abnormal setting in the Windows Security Center that requires your attention.

For more information see:
Spybot & Windows Security Centre.....warning
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=75

Note #1: Some security solutions such as McAfee SecurityCenter (if you set it as your default Security Center) or Norton Internet Security turn off these alerts and handle alerts themselves.

fox_spirit
2006-02-20, 00:35
hi i read the other link you sent me and i just set it to ignore those two thanks for the reply and have a great day.