PDA

View Full Version : ActiveX Distribution Unit // SunJavaUpdateSched // Ntoskrnl

LillithTheOddity
2008-03-08, 20:28
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff310/lilliththeoddity/0001.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff310/lilliththeoddity/0001.jpg

I keep getting the above pop-up errors on Spybot CONSTANTLY. It does NOT sound good so I push DENY. Then the other one pops up. Directly one after the other. D:

I can't figure out what is going on. DX

I ran AVG... and ALL it comes up with is that the NTOSKRNL has been changed. I'm not sure what that means... (but I DO know that this item being changed has ALWAYS led to the VERY worst of my computer crashes. DX)

So... What should I do? O.O;;

Rosenfeld
2008-03-08, 21:04
If you updated java (as the messages suggest) just allow.

LillithTheOddity
2008-03-08, 21:07
But one of them is talking about ActiveX. D:

And... The NTOSKRNL.exe file... that worries me... D:

Also, my computer has been messing up a lot recently since this started happening. It's been slower, freezing up, etc. I only bought it in August so it shouldn't be happening unless there is a virus messing with it. DX

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-08, 23:44
LillithTheOddity:

But one of them is talking about ActiveX. ...

If you updated java (as the messages suggest) just allow.

Before I install any Sun Microsystems' Java updates, I uninstall the previous version.

New updates do not replace older versions. They leave the old versions in place which may leave you vulnerable to the exploits that the new version is intended to prevent.

The first TeaTimer dialog that you depicted is changing the startup entry for jusched.exe from:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03
To:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05
This is so that the SunJavaUpdateSched startup entry points to the new program library rather than the old one that you did not uninstall (it looks like you may not have installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 4 because the registry entry is going from jre1.6.0_03 to jre1.6.0_05 rather than jre1.6.0_04 to jre1.6.0_05).

The second TeaTimer dialog that you depicted is adding a new ActiveX Control. There are generally as least three ActiveX Controls installed with each JRE release. One or more of which have new CLSIDs. CLSID ={CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} is the name of if a new ActiveX Control added with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 5. CLSID ={CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} would have been the name of the old ActiveX Control added with Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 3 that performed the same function.