PDA

View Full Version : Command line background scanning not fixing problems

rigas
2006-02-20, 05:49
Hello,,

I am having a strange issue with 1.4

I have been testing some scripted command line based scans and have run across this.

Also note this install of 1.4 was done via the silent, command line install method.

If I perform a manual scan and do NOT fix problems,, I get X number of entries.

Next I do a command line based scan with the following parameters

/taskbarhide /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /onlyspyware /autoclose

I can watch the process be created in the task manager and it does seem to do a scan. The CPU utilization is up and I can see the process disappear after about the same amount of time as a normal scan.

So, thinking that everything has been cleaned that it found, I do another manual scan expecting to see no entries or at the least very few compared to the initial manual scan.

However, the same entries are still there.... I have tried rebooting to still no avail. It seems as though it is scanning, possibly finding items, but not cleaning them. The program does /autoupdate and /autoclose, so some of the command switches are working, but seems /autofix is not.

Please Help.. :)

Thanks,

Marty

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-20, 06:04
By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

Perhaps if you posted a Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm from one of your /autocheck /autofix runs, we can see what not being fixed.

To post the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log from the scan/fix there are two methods:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Pervious reports. Look for the last Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file from the scan/fix before you had the problem. Open it. Right click > Select all. Right click > Copy. Paste to the post.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. Copy and paste into the post.

rigas
2006-02-20, 14:57
I have two diffrent logs for the last two scans I did..

They are attached.

It shows that they were not fixed in one of the files.

Also there are not any "FIX" logs.

Marty

spybotsandra
2006-02-20, 15:01
Hello,

As i see in your report you have Internet Explorer and a lot of tracking cookies.
Do you have the bad downloadblocker of Spybot activated?

Doubleclick (and others like Advertising.com, Avenue A, Inc, Fastclick, Hitbox etc.) are so-called tracking cookies. It is quite common for popular websites to employ such tracking cookies from third parties. They use them in order to track the users' surfing habits on their websites. As I said, these cookies are from third parties but they are employed by the site. There is a tool in Spybot-S&D: BrowserHelper, i.e. a bad download blocker for Internet Explorer. With this tool enabled such tracking cookies will be blocked. In order to activate this tool, please run Spybot-S&D and go to the "Immunize" page. Checking the checkbox will enable the BrowserHelper, a drop down menu will appear giving you some options. You should select "Block all bad pages silently". With that option set the notifications will no longer come up, but you will still have the protection.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot