PDA

View Full Version : Will SPYBOT clash with Spyware Terminator. Will CLAM AV clash with the AVAST?

jonathank
2008-03-09, 17:03
I like the latest version of SPYBOT that I have downloaded. It is indeed faster than the previous versions.

I have a question though...

My PC (Windows ME) slowed down some weeks ago and I suspected there might be some worms in there.

I downloaded the latest version of SPYBOT, it found a worm inside. But the PC continued to be slow.

Out of desperation, I then found Spyware Terminator. I installed and run it. It found 4 apps that I think may be causes of the slow-down. I have included them below for your reference. I deleted them. I am happy that they were found and I believe Spyware Terminator managed to find these 4 because it had the deep scanning function. Anyway, that is no fault of SPYBOT...

As I really would like to keep both running on my PC, I have the following question:

1) My question is: Will SpyBot clash with Spyware Terminator?

2)Spyware Terminator comes with an integrated CLAM Anti-Virus as well. May I know if it will conflict with SPybot too?

Seeking your advice...
Jonathank

Threat Name: APPL/KillApp.A
Detected Item: C:\HP\bin\KillIt.exe

Threat Name: APPL/KillApplicat.A
Detected Item: C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\Terminator.exe
Detected Item: C:\HP\bin\KillWind.exe
Detected Item: C:\HP\bin\Terminator.exe

tashi
2008-03-10, 18:56
Hello,

I am not aware of any conflicts between the programs.

Make sure you do not have more than one resident antispyware real-time protection running.
How Spybot-S&D protects against the installation of Spyware/Malware. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=281)

Regarding the title "Will CLAM AV clash with the AVAST", rule of thumb is one Firewall/one AV to avoid conflicts and loss of program efficiency.

Hope that helps. :)